Man, I feel GREAT!

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
I took the Mrs. to see Bonnie Raitt last night. At 48 I usually feel like the old guy at the shows I attend. Not last night, I felt like a youngster, and by a considerable amount! Although that's a good reason to feel great, and it did make me feel good, that's not why I feel great. We went to a cool little place called Miss Ricky's before the show. I had an awesome dinner (steak frites), and the Mrs. had chicken and sriracha waffles with a sriracha maple syrup. I'm not much of a dessert guy when we go out for dinner, but the Cherry Vanilla Bourbon milkshake was calling my name. I got a funny look from the waiter when I told him to make it a double on the bourbon portion. When I asked if it was a problem, he said, "No, we can do that. But I should let you know there's already two ounces of bourbon in the shake." Yikes, better not double. At least not on top of a couple of drinks with dinner. I'd be asleep before the show started at that rate!

Anyway, I got off track here (but it was an awesome shake!). I feel GREAT because I got turned on to a new band at the show. Opening for Bonnie was a band from the Bay area called The California Honeydrops. Man, they were AWESOME! They're a 6 piece; drums, keys, bass, sax, trombone, and the lead singer switched between guitar (hollowbody) and trumpet. Formed in 2007 and discovered playing the platforms of the BART, I can't believe they aren't bigger. Just incredible talent. Silky smooth vocals reminiscent of the Motown days, grooving horns, rock solid rhythm section. I'm not a blues/R&B snob and I've got a pretty eclectic taste in music. I've listened to Annihilator, Crimson Glory, Rhiannon Gibbons and Pleasure already this morning). These guys are the real deal. If you're into Blues/R&B/Soul, do yourself a favor and check them out. If you're not a fan of the style, but like talented musicians and well crafted songs, give them a listen! You won't be sorry.

Stumbling on to groups like this makes me fell GREAT!

We have a lot of talent like that here in the bay area, thanks for recognizing.
They started out with the gutbucket/jug/washboard thing on BART doing cajun & hillbilly kinda stuff at first. Yes, their R&B foundation is pretty solid.....the real deal.

Back