Let's see your rig

Yeah, no....lol. That is a killer amp in everyway, but every tech I've worked with that has worked it has said the experience was like getting your nails pulled out and replaced with bamboo chutes!!
That is a kind analogy from what I was thinking...lol. Master that build and you are the king of the world...lol.

n3uf6ja.jpg

dOUwDSj.jpg

y5gJ7iI.jpg

the most recent picture I've downsized the guitar side to around 21 lol, moved some that I just wasn't getting along with anymore recently picked up the ivory Wolfgang and im selling my 2 Suhr's that are now cased and awaiting buyers. Ive found my tastes shifting from 24 fret to 22. That said the 30th Anniversary isn't going anywhere as I bought that at the factory and I just dig the Navarro way to much.
IMG-1718.jpg

Last edited:
the most recent picture I've downsized the guitar side to around 21 lol, moved some that I just wasn't getting along with anymore recently picked up the ivory Wolfgang and im selling my 2 Suhr's that are now cased and awaiting buyers. Ive found my tastes shifting from 24 fret to 22. That said the 30th Anniversary isn't going anywhere as I bought that at the factory and I just dig the Navarro way to much.
IMG-1718.jpg
Nicely organized & cool!

Guitar (most likely HBII) > Axe FXIII Turbo > Tascam Model 12 > Cubase Pro/JBL IRX108BT
Vocals (SM58 or SM7B or Rodes NTR) > Avalon Vt 737 sp > Tascam Model 12 > Cubase Pro/JBL IRX108BT

For me, the modeler is a dream for several reasons. First of all, it gives me thousands of choices of amps and effects. For those of you who have been playing with amps and effects for decades, great! You have found what you like! I never had that experience, and even if I had, I would not have been able to try 300 amps in my home and hit a switch to try a different one! For me, the first 25 years of guitar playing was strumming my Martin D12-20 (and that was some sparse strumming, with it sometimes being in pawn shops or the closet for extended periods). So when I started doing more than DI recording with an electric (2021), the modeler fit the bill perfectly. Does it sound exactly like it's real world counterparts? I have no idea nor do I care. Having all of these classic amps/cabs/effects on call (or a VERY close imitation thereof) has given me the opportunity to find the sounds I like and switch to them with a toe tap rather than buying and setting up another new amp/cab/pedal. The second reason I love the modeler is, regardless of what certain amps sound like and how close this modeler may be, this thing gives me world class tones and effects in spades (and hearts, diamonds, clubs and jokers). I could play with this Axe FXIII for 10 years and still discover new tones I find entertaining. That said, I currently have 8 switches on my 12 switch board assigned to 8 tones that I really like for my current material. I have tweaked the impedance curves on the amps/cabs I use, I have put tubes in the amps that could not be physically done on real world models without expensive and extensive modifications, etc. The possibilities are astounding and entertaining without even creating any "music", but instead just playing with sounds. So I have found 8 tones I really love, and I only use 3 of them 98% of the time. But if I want to explore others, I don't have to find a guitar store that caries amp X, Y or Z or the new pedal from A, B or C, buy them, try them, decide if I should keep them or sell them. Yes, many are not represented, but the quantity that is represented gives me more than enough electronic modifications to sound to make me happy, with millions of avenues left unexplored in case I get bored.

A very newbie view of the git electronics/amplification world, but a relevant view nonetheless IMO! Here is a photo of my current mess (although the Avalon Vt737sp was not yet in the rack when this photo was taken)! Also, I have ditched the tambourine kick for the time being and have the foot switch in front of me now that I am working with my left foot (getting better at my tap dancing). Works great for me and the next addition is the Keith McMillen 12 Step for the left foot. Just need to get it programmed properly so I can use it to pull up keyboard/bass/other sounds! I do NOT want to be a "looper" artist!!!

MySetup_2022Jan07.jpg

Guitar (most likely HBII) > Axe FXIII Turbo > Tascam Model 12 > Cubase Pro/JBL IRX108BT
Vocals (SM58 or SM7B or Rodes NTR) > Avalon Vt 737 sp > Tascam Model 12 > Cubase Pro/JBL IRX108BT

For me, the modeler is a dream for several reasons. First of all, it gives me thousands of choices of amps and effects. For those of you who have been playing with amps and effects for decades, great! You have found what you like! I never had that experience, and even if I had, I would not have been able to try 300 amps in my home and hit a switch to try a different one! For me, the first 25 years of guitar playing was strumming my Martin D12-20 (and that was some sparse strumming, with it sometimes being in pawn shops or the closet for extended periods). So when I started doing more than DI recording with an electric (2021), the modeler fit the bill perfectly. Does it sound exactly like it's real world counterparts? I have no idea nor do I care. Having all of these classic amps/cabs/effects on call (or a VERY close imitation thereof) has given me the opportunity to find the sounds I like and switch to them with a toe tap rather than buying and setting up another new amp/cab/pedal. The second reason I love the modeler is, regardless of what certain amps sound like and how close this modeler may be, this thing gives me world class tones and effects in spades (and hearts, diamonds, clubs and jokers). I could play with this Axe FXIII for 10 years and still discover new tones I find entertaining. That said, I currently have 8 switches on my 12 switch board assigned to 8 tones that I really like for my current material. I have tweaked the impedance curves on the amps/cabs I use, I have put tubes in the amps that could not be physically done on real world models without expensive and extensive modifications, etc. The possibilities are astounding and entertaining without even creating any "music", but instead just playing with sounds. So I have found 8 tones I really love, and I only use 3 of them 98% of the time. But if I want to explore others, I don't have to find a guitar store that caries amp X, Y or Z or the new pedal from A, B or C, buy them, try them, decide if I should keep them or sell them. Yes, many are not represented, but the quantity that is represented gives me more than enough electronic modifications to sound to make me happy, with millions of avenues left unexplored in case I get bored.

A very newbie view of the git electronics/amplification world, but a relevant view nonetheless IMO! Here is a photo of my current mess (although the Avalon Vt737sp was not yet in the rack when this photo was taken)! Also, I have ditched the tambourine kick for the time being and have the foot switch in front of me now that I am working with my left foot (getting better at my tap dancing). Works great for me and the next addition is the Keith McMillen 12 Step for the left foot. Just need to get it programmed properly so I can use it to pull up keyboard/bass/other sounds! I do NOT want to be a "looper" artist!!!

MySetup_2022Jan07.jpg
Nice, my friend!

Back