Left handed Core models?

Jon_88

It seems wildly absurd to me that PRS only offers one left-handed model, and it's an SE. What happens if a lefty wants a core model?

I've seen a handful of private stock lefties but $12,000 is a bit out of my price range...

Has anyone heard of any upcoming plans for PRS to produce left handed core models such as the 594 or Custom 24?

As a lefty who would love to be able to order a "real" Custom 24, I'm consistently disappointed with PRS's options. Even Gibson offers significantly more lefty options.

Paul has always been very blunt about his resistance to making lefties. He gave a thorough reasoning in a video a while back, but I don't remember which one. The short version is the investment required to make them isn't worth it because the demand for lefty PRS guitars is tiny.

There are definitely lefty core Customs out there, though. It's been a few years, but Righteous Guitars even did a lefty CU24 Wood Library run.

Paul has always been very blunt about his resistance to making lefties. He gave a thorough reasoning in a video a while back, but I don't remember which one. The short version is the investment required to make them isn't worth it because the demand for lefty PRS guitars is tiny.

There are definitely lefty core Customs out there, though. It's been a few years, but Righteous Guitars even did a lefty CU24 Wood Library run.
Thanks! I'll guess I'll keep an eye out in case they decide to do another limited run. In the meantime, I'll buy another Gibson :)

Danville music appears to have several Core lefties in stock; they may all be Custom 24s. https://danvillemusic.com/
+1 on this. @Huggy B just posted some pics from @Danville Music and there were some sweet lefties on the wall.

Danville music appears to have several Core lefties in stock; they may all be Custom 24s. https://danvillemusic.com/
we sure do! Just got in a sweet 10-Top in Makena Blue. This lefty run was specced to be more "traditional" of a wood library run than some others we've gotten in. Just to bring the prices more in line with Core...because we know Lofty folks don't have as many options...give us a shout!

we sure do! Just got in a sweet 10-Top in Makena Blue. This lefty run was specced to be more "traditional" of a wood library run than some others we've gotten in. Just to bring the prices more in line with Core...because we know Lofty folks don't have as many options...give us a shout!
Will do 100%
Just checked out the inventory there are some beauty lefties thank you!!

It seems wildly absurd to me that PRS only offers one left-handed model, and it's an SE. What happens if a lefty wants a core model?

I've seen a handful of private stock lefties but $12,000 is a bit out of my price range...

Has anyone heard of any upcoming plans for PRS to produce left handed core models such as the 594 or Custom 24?

As a lefty who would love to be able to order a "real" Custom 24, I'm consistently disappointed with PRS's options. Even Gibson offers significantly more lefty options.
Oh geez.. I have two lefty Cores, both purchased used. I didn't know they weren't making lefty Cores anymore. I was imagining someday getting a new one. Hopes dashed..

Back