I've Joined the PRS 513 Club!

CVS

Not so new member
Just received my PRS 513 from Fret 12 (they were very "instrumental" in getting me this particular guitar) and have played it for all of 1 hour! A great versatile guitar. Details - Figured maple top, mahogany neck with a pattern regular carve, East Indian rosewood fretboard with a Fade Whale Blue finish.
Sorry for poor picture quality.

DSCN2624_zpsgtm4k17r.jpg
DSCN2632_zpsslf9swle.jpg

MY MAAAAANNNN :D

A very nice top and killer color

Congrats and welcome, enjoy it's plethora of tones :rock:

Awesome! The 513 is lingering around the top of the GAS list for "next PRSi".

Hmmm, maybe I should have a look on Reverb, or Brian's, or Dave's, or....no, better not. I have had other recent expenses that must be addressed first. And I've barely broken in my P24!

Awesome! The 513 is lingering around the top of the GAS list for "next PRSi".

Hmmm, maybe I should have a look on Reverb, or Brian's, or Dave's, or....no, better not. I have had other recent expenses that must be addressed first. And I've barely broken in my P24!

I have purchased 2 core PRS's in the last 2 months - My wife says "you are done for a while":bawling:

Thanks for all the kind words.

I was able to get the guitar to sound pretty close to a Telecaster sound yesterday by playing with the tone knobs on my amp. Our band does a few country songs and the 513 will help cover them nicely! The full humbucking sound is great as well.

I have purchased 2 core PRS's in the last 2 months - My wife says "you are done for a while":bawling:

Not a problem - you've got two guitars to play with until she takes you off probabtion!

You don't think she means no more guitars, do you? That would just be wrong!

Congrats! That is my favorite production color. My 513 is my go-to guitar. They are a bit too beefy to really twang like a strat or a tele, but that is a good thing. You can get close in the middle-bridge position in single coil mode with some kind of treble boost. Enjoy that guitar!

Back