In-car DVR

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
I'm getting ready to purchase and install audio/video recording technology into my cars. I want something that records 360 degrees even when the car is off and unattended. Anyone here have any experience with this? Tips? Places to get more info from users regarding what works best?

I use to do small business video installs while in college. Those were all super cheap webcams and Linux boxes though. I am out of the loop now days so taking a look around at what's available should be fun. I will do some research because I am interested in this as well.

It would be way cooler to spend that money on a chauffeur who could keep an eye on your car.

You need to get on a Russian forum. I've never seen so many in-car cameras...leading me to beieve it's the law there.

I'm not familiar with that type of system and we use a lot of video surveillance in my world. Let me re-phrase, you are gonna need TONS of memory to be in constant record mode with usable video footage.

Yeah, recording 24/7 is going to take a lot of storage. I know there is a system out there that "records" at all times, but it only "remembers" when you tell it to remember. We set them so they remembered everything from 30 seconds before the record button was pushed until the stop button was pushed. You could start it remotely, too, but you would still have to hit start.

Recording a 360 view is going to take multiple cameras, too, so you'll have to multiply all that storage by the number of cameras.

Back