I'm looking for some help from someone with PhotoShop or illustrator skills (Help with PS Design)

CatStrangler

PRS Enthusiast
I'm designing a PS guitar to commemorate my wedding next summer based loosely around a West St. I have some ideas, but am having a hard time conceptualizing the result. Any assistance from a forum member in creating a graphic concept would be appreciated and I would certainly be happy to come up with some kind on fair compensation. Thanks, Phil

Hi Bob, I'm essentially looking for someone to do a mockup of an existing model. I'm pretty sure no examples exist in the color and binding I am thinking of and I also have an idea for an inlay on the top. Doesn't have to be perfect just want an idea as to whether my vision is really going to come together the way I think it might.I'll post details of the proposed build if you're interested.

Post 'em. There are several people good at that kind of thing. And a few of us hacks.

Post 'em. There are several people good at that kind of thing. And a few of us hacks.

Ok, here goes with the caveat I'm still thinking about the details of the concept

Model: Santana II/west st. no maple top
Body, African Ribbon mahogany, maybe some kind of figured mahogany for the top?
Finish body and neck: Doghair
Real wood body binding: Flame maple or Ebony
Neck: Dark Peruvian Mahogany
Fretboard: African Blackwood
HS veneer: African Blackwood or to match body
Inlays: White MOP outlines, black MOP birds
Tuners: Phase III ebony buttons
Hardware: mixed?
Pickups: zebra or covered
knobs: Black or clear
switch tip: black or white
PUP rings: white or black

Body inlay: something along these lines (not my art, something off of google image search). BTW Alan, your PS was partly the inspiration for this as I am not sure I would have considered a body inlay on my own.

if people are unfamiliar with a Doghair finish here is an example from Collings, although the PS team has done it for me before, but I don't have any good photos handy:

Last edited:
Seems to me like you need someone good with Illustrator instead of Photoshop.

What theme are you going for? Would be great if you can have some more references... In terms of the inlay design, what do you like about it? The dragons? The heart? What about it do you like?

What theme are you going for? Would be great if you can have some more references... In terms of the inlay design, what do you like about it? The dragons? The heart? What about it do you like?

The theme is combining a guitar i wanted to have built for a long time becoming a tribute to finding a life partner. The dragon inlay would stay with the west st theme, but yes the two dragons and the heart would be symbolic of our marriage.

Back