If Your A Viper

Moondog Wily

Howlin' At The Moon!
I have been singin' along with this song (originally released under the title "You'se a Viper", and sometimes titled "If You'se a Viper") for decades, and last year, I learned how to play it! WoooooHoooooo!! This is me in what I would call a "Live Studio" performance where I sit on cajon and play that with right foot kick pedal, left foot sometimes plays tamborine but not on this song, while playing my McCarty 594 HBII through a Axe FXIII modeler. Vocals are with SM58 running through a Avalon Vt 737sp, then into the Axe FXIII as well, then through mixboard and into DAW. Cajon is a SM57 feed going through mix board to DAW (Cubase Pro 12). Did a bit of processing on the DAW side to gel things up a bit and get rid of some unwanted noise. Far from perfect, but it is a fun song either way IMO!

Cool stuff! Many levels above my simple version!! I wonder where they got all those smoke machines, almost as if the audience brought them!!! Thanks for sharing, I will have to check out some more of their material!!!!

EDIT: I did not watch the full 20 minutes yet, but I will!

I have been singin' along with this song (originally released under the title "You'se a Viper", and sometimes titled "If You'se a Viper") for decades, and last year, I learned how to play it! WoooooHoooooo!! This is me in what I would call a "Live Studio" performance where I sit on cajon and play that with right foot kick pedal, left foot sometimes plays tamborine but not on this song, while playing my McCarty 594 HBII through a Axe FXIII modeler. Vocals are with SM58 running through a Avalon Vt 737sp, then into the Axe FXIII as well, then through mixboard and into DAW. Cajon is a SM57 feed going through mix board to DAW (Cubase Pro 12). Did a bit of processing on the DAW side to gel things up a bit and get rid of some unwanted noise. Far from perfect, but it is a fun song either way IMO!

I'm a viper, too!

Back