Let it die, folks! (Moving on, second chances, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't speak for anyone else, but I have a few people on ignore status here. Only one was because of any kind of back and forth. It reminded me of a thread on another somewhat PRS-centric forum where one member was sort of tormenting another. Nothing vicious, nothing personal, just repeatedly intentionally missing the point. I found it kind of amusing myself, but the target (for lack of a better term) either did not or would not see that it was clearly a put on and proceeded to get more aggravated. In my case, I began to wonder which role I was playing and decided that I'd had enough and hit ignore.

In all other cases, it was simply a case of quickly determining - IMO - that the now-ignored person was not going to bring anything positive to my experience and would most likely make it negative, so click. Whether the issue was ultimately them or me, clicking ignore essentially eliminated it and prevented any kind of back and forth that may have negatively affected others as well.

As for seeing who is ignoring us, I can see the interest from the standpoint of wanting to know if we're on anyone's list. But that would be far better served with just the number of people who are ignoring you, not who they are. I don't know how serious Hangar18 is about his idea above, but that's the perfect example of why the names shouldn't be made available. For whatever purpose, that person has decided to remove themselves from your circle to eliminate the possibility of a conflict. Why would admins make that info available for "trolling" purposes? It would defeat the purpose.

It's not how you feel. It's the words you use that always seem to reference back to you being the victim of some grand forum conspiracy. I'm not one bit suggesting I know how you feel. That's between you and your therapist. We're guitarists here to talk gear and occasionally off track with some banter, insert Julie Bowen comment here. Agree or disagree. Accept or don't. It's not personal but the gaslighting is getting old to the point you realize it. You talk about not a good look, well, then stop. We don't want to hear it anymore either. We're guitarists. That's the noise we like.
I respect you HIGHLY but you can't beg someone to stop doing something you don't like and on top of that you try to throw in your jab and insult with "Go talk to your therapist", sounds like you're a bit obsessive and may be the one who needs that type of support.

I'm not trying to be rude, just honest here. You are talking for all members here but if I or some other new member did that, they'd be crucified. All I'm saying is there's a huge double standard here on this forum. I don't, nor have I ever taken the forum super serious or religiously like some of you do, I've open for that. If I'm hated for that, so be it. I don't really care if I'm liked or disliked because the fact that some have tried to censore me. It's not a big deal to me so it's strange to see members treat this as it is or blow it up, out of proportion. That to me, tells me this forum has some dark sinister secret to hide. Too much signs of paranoia and schizophrenia from a few members. I can't help with that but I CAN continue to bring joy to you and others with great content in the future.

In all other cases, it was simply a case of quickly determining - IMO - that the now-ignored person was not going to bring anything positive to my experience and would most likely make it negative, so click.
And, I'd like to personally thank Alan for this advice. This is what led to me posting Julie Bowen and Sofia Vergara pics (and yes, Marie also). Those pics allow me to bring something positive to the user experience here, despite all my other nonsense. ;)

Steve, we just talked about this, remember? That "we've got to tone it down a bit" pep talk we just had? Come on bro. Deep breath... relax. Count to 10... Now post.

Okay I do feel a bit better now 😆

That just gave me an idea for a new thread!!!!!

I won't speak for anyone else, but I have a few people on ignore status here. Only one was because of any kind of back and forth. It reminded me of a thread on another somewhat PRS-centric forum where one member was sort of tormenting another. Nothing vicious, nothing personal, just repeatedly intentionally missing the point. I found it kind of amusing myself, but the target (for lack of a better term) either did not or would not see that it was clearly a put on and proceeded to get more aggravated. In my case, I began to wonder which role I was playing and decided that I'd had enough and hit ignore.

In all other cases, it was simply a case of quickly determining - IMO - that the now-ignored person was not going to bring anything positive to my experience and would most likely make it negative, so click. Whether the issue was ultimately them or me, clicking ignore essentially eliminated it and prevented any kind of back and forth that may have negatively affected others as well.

As for seeing who is ignoring us, I can see the interest from the standpoint of wanting to know if we're on anyone's list. But that would be far better served with just the number of people who are ignoring you, not who they are. I don't know how serious Hangar18 is about his idea above, but that's the perfect example of why the names shouldn't be made available. For whatever purpose, that person has decided to remove themselves from your circle to eliminate the possibility of a conflict. Why would admins make that info available for "trolling" purposes? It would defeat the purpose.
Oh it's all good.

It was all a joke, I think it ruffled a few feathers for sure but the focus of the thread was comedy, not drama. There are just some who got the genre wrong. This is noty home forum so really I don't know how any of this works.

As far as impressing the locals, never sought reason to. If I make a thread and post a video from my channel and nobody on the forum viewed it, I already win by getting views from guests readers. That's one way to see it for sure.

All I'm saying is there's a huge double standard here on this forum.
there is a different set of accepted behavior for long time establish members, many of who KNOW each other, than a new guy. That's true in ANY social circles, wither it's a forum or a new school or a new job place or whatever. If I new guy said some of the things Sergio says, he'd get blasted out of here, but we laugh at Sergio because we know him and he's one of us. He's earned it!

I this is completely normal of ANY new social circle. You've gotta know this. I think you're making too big of a deal of it, AND making it worse by complaining that you don't get the same leeway as someone who has been here for 10 years or more.

It was all a joke, I think it ruffled a few feathers for sure but the focus of the thread was comedy, not drama. There are just some who got the genre wrong. This is noty home forum so really I don't know how any of this works.

I've been here since nearly the beginning, and I don't think I know how it works!

It's the same as anywhere else - some jokes land, some don't. I made a joke on here once that another member didn't appreciate, and I was called out on it. I explained my thought process (it wasn't my original joke). The other member still thought it was offensive. I thought that person was making the wrong person the target of the joke. In the end, we disagreed and life went on.

Ultimately, I just try to forum with one idea - don't be a dick. Or, don't be a malicious dick. As long as I do that, I figure I'm doing okay.

And, I'd like to personally thank Alan for this advice. This is what led to me posting Julie Bowen and Sofia Vergara pics (and yes, Marie also). Those pics allow me to bring something positive to the user experience here, despite all my other nonsense. ;)
I'll look at those pics all......day........long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back