I Got An Itch...

It took 21 posts... but Jamie FINALLY came through.

I confess... I thought "they make a shot for that" would be the 1st quip.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;74148 said:
It took 21 posts... but Jamie FINALLY came through.

I confess... I thought "they make a shot for that" would be the 1st quip.

I'm surprised it took so long, as well!

Hans - I had a set of the Zephyr humbuckers for a while. Great sounding pickups but I ended up going back to the original pickups in the guitar and sold the Zephyrs. I never tried the Tele Zephyrs - I bet they're nice. Not sure if they're worth the $$$ though.

Hans - I had a set of the Zephyr humbuckers for a while. Great sounding pickups but I ended up going back to the original pickups in the guitar and sold the Zephyrs. I never tried the Tele Zephyrs - I bet they're nice. Not sure if they're worth the $$$ though.

Thanks for the info, Tim. I am going to skip the Zephyr.

I've always loved the tone of Charlie Christian pickups so I am going with a Lollar that replicates it. I'm very excited about it.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;74342 said:
Thanks for the info, Tim. I am going to skip the Zephyr.

I've always loved the tone of Charlie Christian pickups so I am going with a Lollar that replicates it. I'm very excited about it.

Sounds like a cool idea to me!

It would almost seem odd if you put Zephyr's in there. The pups alone would cost more than the gtr! But hey....who am I to talk. I could've bought a stable of SE's for what "The Paisley" has cost me so far! Let the Tone Quest march on!!!

I've come to expect a lot of 'unexpected' things to pop up on this forum... But Vagisil wasn't one of them!!! :laugh:

Lollar pups... Sounds cool!

I've sunk a ton into one of my SE's.. And I aint finished yet. Sometimes it's just worth it for something unique!

I've sunk a ton into one of my SE's.. And I aint finished yet. Sometimes it's just worth it for something unique!

When this guitar is done the only thing about it that will be an SE is the wood and the frets (which are always perfect).

The neck pickup is pretty much locked down. I ordered a Vintage T from Matt (at Lollar) but I'm hoping for a minor miracle. I'll keep you guys updated as the build continues.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;74450 said:
When this guitar is done the only thing about it that will be an SE is the wood and the frets (which are always perfect).

The neck pickup is pretty much locked down. I ordered a Vintage T from Matt (at Lollar) but I'm hoping for a minor miracle. I'll keep you guys updated as the build continues.

They are!

That's what I'll be changing on mine but it's purely a taste thing. The fretwork has been excellent on all my SE's.

Vintage T... Not familiar with that but it sounded cool in a couple of the Y'tube vids I checked out.

Donor guitar has arrived at PRS. All of the parts now ordered and headed to the PTC.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go make some popcorn. :tongue:

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;74450 said:

I finally reached this point with my SE Santana and she's a total keeper! I couldn't get half what I've spent on that guitar if I did ever decide to sell and isn't that the beauty of it all? Something better than the sum of its parts...but still cheaper than a DC-22 :D

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;74868 said:
This one might be more than the DC22. :D

This is just one of the many reasons why we love the Hans-O-Maniac...

Last edited:
And so... IT BEGINS! :evil: Skitchy has started slinging is special brand of Kung Fu.

(EDIT: Will have to try and post photo from home.)

Last edited:
Back