HXDA vs. 25th w/ mod?

I was into P90s with my Mesas in a big way, too. Great combination, same with the TR, P-90s always worked.

With the HXDA I prefer buckers.

...got to get me an HXDA, a 25th Anniversary, a Super Dallas, and my Recording Amp to try back to back! See which cinemag based amp is the top dog!!

That would be epic! And I wouldn't want to really find which one was best, but which one I'm buying next. ;)

BTW, there's a Super D on eBay right now that may go for a song. It's serialized really close to mine.

Les it might be worth revisiting P90's with the HXDA

I plan to go to my brother's and bring back my old '65 SG Special to do that.

But one of the reasons I wanted the Sig Ltd was to get the split coil sounds, and the tighter neck pickup sound, and the HXDA sounds phenomenal with that guitar. The 408s are great with the HXDA, I should have mentioned that.

The weird thing is that I greatly preferred single coil sounds with every other amp I've ever owned, and generally ran my humbucker guitars split unless I really needed something very "humbuckery". With this amp, I like both the splits and the full buckers, but I have a slight preference for the buckers to get those greasy tones. Yum.

+1. I've been completely having a blast with my P90 guitars and my HX/DA. It's a killer combo IMHO, especially through a closed back cab
Stop it! *hands over ears* Na na na na....I CAN'T HEAR YOU. :wink:

My #1 gigger is P90 equipped, so my whole guitar life revolves around perpetuating the awesome grind and bloom I get out of that guitar. The last thing I need to know is how well the HXDA melds with that pup. GAS is building up even more now.

I am sending my 25th anniversary rev b to be modded. Instead of 2 way switches (HX/DA) I am considering having a 3 way switch (HX, 25th anniversary , DA). Amp is headed out next week so I have to decide soon. I really like my 25th anniversary tone but I want the da setting as well.

I am sending my 25th anniversary rev b to be modded. Instead of 2 way switches (HX/DA) I am considering having a 3 way switch (HX, 25th anniversary , DA). Amp is headed out next week so I have to decide soon. I really like my 25th anniversary tone but I want the da setting as well.

You would have the first example of this kind of mod, to my knowledge. Did Doug & Company suggest the 3-way switch option or did you request it? That's a very compelling option. Keep us informed.

I requested the option, I am waiting to hear back if it is possible and what the cost will be.

Back