How rare are the McCarty P90 rosewood necks?

Blaggers

Ive just missed out on getting a 2001 rosewood neck McSoapy. It was the first one I’ve ever seen available.

Does anyone know how many were made, which years, and if there’s any others for sale? Cheers.

PRS doesn't release production specs, so there's no way of knowing how many were made.

I had a 2006 AP McSoapy that was a NAMM show guitar, in Amber Burst wrap with a RW neck and P-90s. Wonderful guitar that I sold to raise some cash for a then-new Two-Rock that I no longer have, either. Typical of my crazy buying and selling at the time.

For a while, the McSoapy was produced in an all-mahogany body standard, as well as the maple topped version. The RW necks were an option, as was an Artist package.

Ive just missed out on getting a 2001 rosewood neck McSoapy. It was the first one I’ve ever seen available.

Does anyone know how many were made, which years, and if there’s any others for sale? Cheers.

Black with dots? Yeah, I missed on this one too. Was going to go to my bank day after it was gone

I foolishly sold a McCarty rosewood soap standard, which might be even scarcer. Pretty sure it was a 2001, too. Fellow I sold it to was going to use it mainly for slide. Another “what was I thinking “ moment.

I have one. I’m not looking at it, but I think it’s a 2007 10-top. I love it. I also have a sc594 soapbar artist package with a rosewood neck. It’s also a keeper. Now I want a 594 with a rosewood neck and maybe a hollowbody 594 with a rosewood neck.

Back