How often does PRS release new models?

fgeorge097

In the core linup.

They had the 594 this year, and the P245 semi last year.

Do they typically unveil just one new model per year?

In the core linup.

They had the 594 this year, and the P245 semi last year.

Do they typically unveil just one new model per year?
No, it's a lot more frequent than that. They release new models when they're fully vetted, no sooner.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing the 408 style electronics in more models in the future. For example.

I'd love to see more 408 inspired guitars!

Your wish is my command (I know this isn't what you meant, but viddy this); it'd make a really nice production model, has the 594 scale length, a trem, thicker mahogany, slightly less maple in the top. The middle pickup is a Narrowfield. I love it. The tone is off the chart gorgeous (IMHO):

My thoughts on the original question posed on this thread
My answer - "It depends". My 1st thought is that PRS has to convince themselves that they have something that they think they can sell enough (volume wise) of to justify adding it to the core line and pricing it in line with most guitars that are a part of the core line. A good example is this years McCarty 594, which came out of a PS model. Others can be extensions of existing core models (P245).I don't think there are any hard & fast rules on how many core products get issued each year. I am sure that PRS looks for ideas for new core models from all sources, including this forum and from all the various PS guitars that they make each year

Les, not only do I lust after your PS visually but sonically. That one is simply awesome

+1+2+3 - Incredible guitar in all respects!

That finish is AMAZING!

Thanks guys! I think it'd be something that players who like the 408 format would enjoy owning. The third pickup adds a nice option, it seems to me to be the perfect middle pickup, and the scale length and other construction details give it a different vibe from other PRS models.

Back