How is Foreigner live these days?

andy474x

Knows the Drill
Thinking of grabbing tickets to their farewell tour, but I’ve never seen them live, and I know most of the original members aren’t in the band anymore. I was pretty turned off by that, but tickets are a reasonable price for good seats, what say ye?

Awesome, based on all the recent live video I've seen. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a ticket for Foreigner. Or Toto. Or Journey but... not the same w/o Steve Perry's voice, no matter how much Arnel's voice is similar.

Awesome, based on all the recent live video I've seen. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a ticket for Foreigner. Or Toto. Or Journey but... not the same w/o Steve Perry's voice, no matter how much Arnel's voice is similar.

Same could be said for Foreigners singer, and a crap ton of geriatric other acts who still have the original singers….

I’m spoiled and saw the tour for their 4 album. Pretty awesome show.

I saw them a few years ago, and they put on a great show. Band sounded fantastic, and Kelly Hansen sings the songs like he owns them. Last I heard officially, Mick Jones is in and out on tour, but I've also heard people claim he's not playing any shows. I don't know for sure. On the last tour I saw, he was in the some shows mode, and our show was one of the ones he didn't play. The only downside to that was the frigging moron behind me who spent way too much of the show just moaning, "Where's Mick? Where's Mick?" It wasn't a secret that he might not be there, so that's on you, and if you don't like it, go ask for your money back. But it doesn't give you the right to disrupt the show for the people around you.

So short version - well worth going as long as you can accept it w/o Mick Jones. He's the last of the originals that was performing w/the band.

oh boy here we go... LOL

I think Kelly Hansen taking over for Lou Gramm (one of rock's greatest vocalists IMO) was the perfect choice. He sounds kind of like Gramm singing those songs, yet he's still himself. Hagar replacing DLR was equally awesome, but you can't compare those two singers or bands- apples/oranges.

I always found it interesting Foreigner's musical director is Jeff Pilson from Dokken, has been for many years. Mick still runs the band, but Jeff is his consigliere, and runs the SHOW.

It's Urgent that I see Foreigner before they call it quits, but I'm not sure I'll have the chance :(

oh boy here we go... LOL

I think Kelly Hansen taking over for Lou Gramm (one of rock's greatest vocalists IMO) was the perfect choice. He sounds kind of like Gramm singing those songs, yet he's still himself. Hagar replacing DLR was equally awesome, but you can't compare those two singers or bands- apples/oranges.

I always found it interesting Foreigner's musical director is Jeff Pilson from Dokken, has been for many years. Mick still runs the band, but Jeff is his consigliere, and runs the SHOW.

It's Urgent that I see Foreigner before they call it quits, but I'm not sure I'll have the chance :(

Yeah you lot, just break it up!

Back