Hollowbody II Piezo SE loose toggle switch

DPO0612

Hi. I have a new Hollowbody II SE Piezo and the 3 way toggle switch for the mag pups seems ‘loose’. The pot itself is secured and tight, it’s more the switch itself, there is a lot of ‘play‘ in the toggle arm itself, I would assumed it’d be more tight and secure. Does this seem normal? I inquired with PRS support, but the response I received seemed a bit dismissive, and when I followed up with a video clip of the play in the switch, no one responded, they just closed my inquiry saying it was ‘resolved’. Thoughts? Thx!

The import toggles on the SE and S2s are meh as you have discovered. Replace it with a Switchcraft for that good solid snap between positions. Quite easy to pull it through the F-hole on the Hollowbody to unsolder and replace.

Last edited:
Hi @Aether and @CarolD , thanks for the replies. Good to know it's not a 'defect' but I do wish it felt more solid. I'll give consideration to the Switchcraft replacement. I'm most likely changing the strings to 11's, so may just have a tech do the switch and file the nut slots for the 11's. Thx.

I swapped the jacks in several of my guitars to the QiJacks, they offer them in mono and stereo. To me they are by far the best jack on the market. They are very solid and the cords plug into them nice and tight.

Hi @Ruffone Thanks for the reply. The current questions / concerns I have are with the toggle switch and not the jack(s). Although, I do wish they had wired the mags and piezo to be one stereo jack that you could run a single TRS stereo to Y TS cable to split the mags from the piezo, but from what I understand, mod'ing that would be very difficult, if not impossible.

Back