Hey all you Rush fans.....

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
Make sure you pick up this new book. I pre-ordered months ago, and it came last week. Pretty cool coffee table book. Probably only for the die-hard fans. It is loaded with info on every show they have ever played. Highly recommended!

oDp0BCe.jpg

bekZ5U6.jpg

E6x5qHc.jpg

vqNmdnc.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Rush-Wanderi...g+the+face+of+the+earth&qid=1573159148&sr=8-1

Only 18 for me :p
We were lucky in that during the heyday most bands would come to Cincinnati and Dayton and we'd get to see our favorite bands twice on every tour, since each was less than an hour from home. I did see Genesis three times on one tour though because we also went to Lexington KY to see them. And one thing that I always thought was curious, but certainly worked out better for me, was that most bands would come to Cincinnati and Dayton several months apart... you'd think they'd cut travel expenses by lining them up geographically, but they NEVER did. In fact, they were usually 3 or even 4 months apart. Sometimes they would do that because they'd play indoors in winter at Dayton and outdoors at Riverbend in Cincy during summer. That was especially nice when I was a broke college kid. I couldn't have afforded 2 concerts in the same week.

The April before I graduated from high school I won a contest from the local rock radio station (97x) and the one of the music stores in Davenport, Ia. It was 2 tix to every concert within 75 miles of Davenport, for an entire year. Most of the big shows were in Cedar Rapids (about 60 miles). I would offer one ticket to a buddy if he would drive. Man, we saw some great shows that year. Sometimes 4 in a week. Plus, I made some cash selling tickets to the shows we didn't have any interest in seeing. This would have been April '85 to April '86. Sadly, Rush wasn't one of them. Been a fan since the late 70s, but never saw them until the Hold Your Fire Tour.

And one thing that I always thought was curious, but certainly worked out better for me, was that most bands would come to Cincinnati and Dayton several months apart... you'd think they'd cut travel expenses by lining them up geographically, but they NEVER did. In fact, they were usually 3 or even 4 months apart. Sometimes they would do that because they'd play indoors in winter at Dayton and outdoors at Riverbend in Cincy during summer. That was especially nice when I was a broke college kid. I couldn't have afforded 2 concerts in the same week.

Not sure how it was in the old days, but at least now, the promoters tend to have clauses to keep bands from playing too close together too soon. I still see some nonsensical routings - Cleveland to Pittsburgh to Buffalo to Virginia to Cincinnati. Makes me shake my head sometimes.

I'm one of those for whom Rush died after Hemispheres (maybe coming up for air with Moving Pictures). But love them I do ... college + D&D + Rush + [redacted].

I'm one of those for whom Rush died after Hemispheres (maybe coming up for air with Moving Pictures). But love them I do ... college + D&D + Rush + [redacted].

Ya know, as it was happening, I was kinda this way, too. Side 1 of Moving Pictures was awesome, but I didn’t get side 2. Each of their subsequent releases left me scratching my head. Now, I love all of the catalog. Some of those albums I thought were meh in my youth I now adore.

So one day I was in GC to pick up some strings, and the manager came over and asked me how my son was doing (he knows Jamie well from boyhood on). So I said something to the effect of great, he’s touring with 30 Seconds to Mars.

The snarky kid behind the counter said, “30 Seconds to Mars? Are they still even a band,” in the snarkiest of snarky tones. And I said, “yeah, they have the #1 record on the rock chart this week,” which was in fact the case.

I was kind of steamed at this kid, with all kinds of tats and nose rings, but who was too effing cool to handle that my kid was touring without being a jerk about it.

“What’s this got to do with Rush, Les?”

“Oh, nothing. Is Rush still a band?” ;)

So one day I was in GC to pick up some strings, and the manager came over and asked me how my son was doing (he knows Jamie well from boyhood on). So I said something to the effect of great, he’s touring with 30 Seconds to Mars.

The snarky kid behind the counter said, “30 Seconds to Mars? Are they still even a band,” in the snarkiest of snarky tones. And I said, “yeah, they have the #1 record on the rock chart this week,” which was in fact the case.

I was kind of steamed at this kid, with all kinds of tats and nose rings, but who was too effing cool to handle that my kid was touring without being a jerk about it.

“What’s this got to do with Rush, Les?”

“Oh, nothing. Is Rush still a band?” ;)
Ouch! That hurts! What did Rush do to you? ;):D

Back