Has something changed with sharing pictures?

Mozzi

https://imgur.com/user/BAMozzy/posts
I know that the Forum underwent maintenance recently but I tried to post a few pics (https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/what-makes-prs-a-5000-guitar.57865/page-2#post-857305 post #40) in exactly the same way I have done many times before, but whilst they showed up during the writing of the Post, as soon as I post the message, the images are missing/broken.

Has something changed? Have I done something wrong? Is this something that's gone wrong after the update? I don't know who to contact or where else to ask so I apologise if this is the wrong place but after the recent update, I don't know if its a bug or an intended change...

I had a strange thing happen with pictures today too. Someone posted a reply to me and put a few pictures in it. They were not showing for me. I even opened my browser to 3rd party cookies. I quoted the post to reply to say the pictures were not showing and they showed in the quoted message in the reply I was typing. Once I clicked the button to post the reply, the pictures disappeared again and looked like the original reply with them in it. They have a red X in the place of the pictures.

Haha, it was you that replied with the pictures. So they are not showing for you either?

Yeah, something is going on. I do the same process as always and get a blue box with red X in it. Weird thing is that if I try to edit the post, I can see the pics, but when I save changes it reverts to the box and X. I just tagged James and PRSGuitars in a post to see if they can take a look at it

Ya, the new forum software has definitely messed with the img code for imgur hosted pics. Most of the imgur pics in old posts aren’t showing. None of the pictures I've shared over the past ten years or so (and there have been many of them) are showing. A straight URL from imgur pasted into the "Insert Image" dialog on the tool bar does not work anymore, but just typing a URL to an image in-line does eg:

Looking at the page source, the page has the correct data-url for an image (ie:, the "data-url" is actually a functioning image link), but loading the img src is managed by "proxy.php" which is fed the img link url with a query string hash generated somehow, and that URL resolves to the "requested image cannot be found" icon... Someone needs to get into the code and clean it up.

Last edited:
My most recent images hosted on Postimages all are working. I use the Postimages 'Direct link' option and paste that link
into the Insert Image box.

Would really s**k if all those links broke though.

BPD38142.jpg

Last edited:
updating to the newest version of the software changed a default setting. we should be good now. @Mozzi @JasonE @bodia - can you confirm that things are working as intended now? It's looking good on my end.
Any chance that you guys will host the images instead of requiring an external hosting site? I figure it doesn't hurt to ask. I know Jamie was looking into that at one point.

updating to the newest version of the software changed a default setting. we should be good now. @Mozzi @JasonE @bodia - can you confirm that things are working as intended now? It's looking good on my end.
I can confirm that my post is now displaying correctly - although I haven't tried to post another pic since so I would say its looking good my end too now - Thank you very much!

Any chance that you guys will host the images instead of requiring an external hosting site? I figure it doesn't hurt to ask. I know Jamie was looking into that at one point.

I don't think so. We don't have the staff that could check to see if a user-uploaded image was copyrighted or not. And we certainly don't want to contact users and let them know they're in legal jeopardy. That doesn't sound fun.

Edit: I should say we used to allow direct user uploads - there's no technology or budget issue - but it became a legal issue.

Back