Great interview with Steve Lukather...

Anybody here listen to the No Guitar is Safe podcast? It's done by Jude Gold. t's a really good show. Jude does a good job and the podcast features famous guitar players and not so famous guitar players. The last episode was with Steve Lukather talking about Jeff Beck. I

Anybody here listen to the No Guitar is Safe podcast? It's done by Jude Gold. t's a really good show. Jude does a good job and the podcast features famous guitar players and not so famous guitar players. The last episode was with Steve Lukather talking about Jeff Beck. I
I haven't listened to it but I will!

Can't recommend Lukather's book more highly. Great stories, and that moment when you realize you've hit his discography in the book - and there are about 40 pages to go.

What do you all think of those Dimarzio Transition pickups Steve is playing? I'm sure the Bogner has a lot to do with his sound, but I think they sound great! He's gone back to passive pickups apparently, after using EMG's for so long.

What do you all think of those Dimarzio Transition pickups Steve is playing? I'm sure the Bogner has a lot to do with his sound, but I think they sound great! He's gone back to passive pickups apparently, after using EMG's for so long.
I used to own a Luke III and I can attest to how damn good those pickups are. Remarkably clear and articulate.

That's some of my favorite Luke stuff, too. "Human Nature", "I Keep Forgettin'", "We're In This Love Together".

Just inject that stuff directly into my veins...
Yes!

I got so sick of playing guitar and listening to guitar based music around 2001 that I put it down and concentrated on other instruments.

The only thing that made me excited to pick it back up again and start writing on guitar were parts like these in disco, pop, and R&B songs.

Luke is a master of that, along with Paul Jackson Jr. and Ray Parker Jr. (And it’s awesome he mentions him in this interview).

I used to own a Luke III and I can attest to how damn good those pickups are. Remarkably clear and articulate.
Reason i asked is that the Dimarzio Transition humbuckers use ceramic magnets and I don't normally like pickups with ceramic magnets, Those sound really good when he plays them tho. I know alot of it is his talent and amplifier and pedal board and all that.

Back