Got the 2 SE's back from my setup guy today, bridge lean cured!

DHW

I recently purchased a NOS 2010 SE SC Korina and a 2013(new) SE 245. The korina had a lot of bridge lean both in the threads and in the stud gap. The 245 had just a tiny bit. I picked up 2 sets of toneprose msprs-1 locking studs and the 245 is dead level and the korina is 99% level. Intonation is spot on and all the slop is out. I also had him replace both nuts with bone which he cut and shaped by hand. Really brought the guitars to life. I can just feel everything through the entire neck and body and they sounds absolutely amazing. He did a thorough check of everything, cleaned the electronics, and set them up for 10's. He said those are the best factory fret's he's seen on anything except a couple american prs guitars he has worked on occasionally. Made me a standing offer to buy them if I ever sell.

Thank you PRS for the amazing instruments. I will definitely be adding to the PRS herd in the future!

I have a 2012 Korina SC and had allot of lean on the bridge. When I removed the strings to check it I found the bores in the top of the guitar are too big for the anchors. I checked another new Korina at a local shop that too had the lean on the bridge. I could see the anchors were loose and leaning in the guitar body just like mine. I replaced the anchors with some repo classic Gibson ones that were of a larger outside diameter and installed the tonepros locking studs. It is much better but there is still some lean do to the anchor bores in the body being too big. Sounds like you had the same issue.

Back