From nickel and creme to black and black...

1FOJ15n.jpeg

Here is the black and nickel silver look. Goes up the fretboard with the mother of pearls birds and nickel tuners. If John mann ever restocks his nickel finish bridge I may opt for it. The aluminum is a different shade.
That guitar looks like a million dollars.

These guitars look amazing. Looks like my grey/black Tremonti needs a facelift. Black pick-up rings and switch tip on order now. You guys are killing me. Money flies out the door when I spend time on this forum and I love it!

my grey/black Tremonti needs a facelift. Black pick-up rings and switch tip on order now. You guys are killing me. Money flies out the door when I spend time on this forum and I love it!
That was my instant decision when a S2 594 SC came with cream rings, though interestingly it already had a black switch tip so someone in Stevensville was hinting about the way to go.

Money flying out the door on pup rings & switch tips? Warning! It can get a lot worse!!

That was my instant decision when a S2 594 SC came with cream rings, though interestingly it already had a black switch tip so someone in Stevensville was hinting about the way to go.

Money flying out the door on pup rings & switch tips? Warning! It can get a lot worse!!
I bought 5 cores (3 new) in the past 18 months…. All of it adds up though there is not a single regret in any of the purchases.

These guitars look amazing. Looks like my grey/black Tremonti needs a facelift. Black pick-up rings and switch tip on order now. You guys are killing me. Money flies out the door when I spend time on this forum and I love it!
Before and after pix are required...

I am a big believer in the black out look (maybe Dustie Warring is my father) ;~)) The reasons are:

1. I don't think that white or cream pup rings look good on most guitars.
2. White/cream pup rings and other white/cream components/accessories distract from the woods on the guitar. I think the hardware should disappear in most cases. I don't want my eyes being drawn to those bright colored components ;~))

To each his own, but I will eventually have all black hardware on all 3 of my PRSi. I did the same to my Lava Pearl EBMM Stingray bass in 2021 after owning it for 15 years. Cost me ~$500, but it looks even better now than it did before!

I am a big believer in the black out look (maybe Dustie Warring is my father) ;~)) The reasons are:

1. I don't think that white or cream pup rings look good on most guitars.
2. White/cream pup rings and other white/cream components/accessories distract from the woods on the guitar. I think the hardware should disappear in most cases. I don't want my eyes being drawn to those bright colored components ;~))

To each his own, but I will eventually have all black hardware on all 3 of my PRSi. I did the same to my Lava Pearl EBMM Stingray bass in 2021 after owning it for 15 years. Cost me ~$500, but it looks even better now than it did before!
Funny part is I think the dustie model could be further blacked out. There is pretty much no reason plain stainless steel screws should be exposed. Black them out. Including the pickup height screws, backplates, jack plate, neck screws, blade switch screws, strap buttons, etc!

Before and after pix are required...
Challenge Accepted/Completed: 2022 Tremonti (Tremelo) gray-black; original creme changed to PRS black plastics

While I ordered the parts in early April, I did not pull the trigger on the install until this morning as I was on the fence about selling the guitar. The market is so soft right now that selling is less attractive to me so I decided to keep it for a while longer. At that point, making the change felt right. It is still a fresh change so I am letting it sink in. I like it so far as it shifts the focus to the top rather than the plastics.

52947624940_04e5a4f6d1_c.jpg

52947233261_e6aa3e6991_c.jpg

52946633717_27960994f9_c.jpg

Last edited:
Back