Follow up on the Starla

Mnoble

Well, it's been two months since I got my Starla. I can only say that I love it more each time I play it.

Some observations. I love that fact that I can get so many voices out of this instrument. Between the two pick ups and the split coil selection (not to mention the tone selector) I can make this guitar do just about anything. In combination with my Blackstar HT60, the possibilities are endless

The wide-fat neck is a pleasure. And the entire guitar is a work of art. The PRS strings are great. They stay in tune. Even with the Bigsby. So if any of you are considering a Starla, I can say that I wholeheartedly endorse it. I know that when I pick it up to practice, I have a really hard time putting it down.

There are so many great playing and sounding PRS guitars and the Starla is surely one of them, but IMO the Starla has a certain 'cool' factor that no others can match. It's what I say every time I open up the case.

There are so many great playing and sounding PRS guitars and the Starla is surely one of them, but IMO the Starla has a certain 'cool' factor that no others can match. It's what I say every time I open up the case.

I agree with this...I don't have one (yet) but they are, IMHO, the 'coolest' design of a PRS guitar.

Molto bella (really nice): i'm trying to post an image...

PRS%20Starla.jpg

Those are sexy guitars. I love the no-nonsense guitars like the Starla and Mira. Hoever, the Mira's more my speed with the longer scale length, my big hands just don't do 24.5 very well. But, like a certain car salesman I know said, there's an ass for every seat.

The best part is opening the case for the first time. Breathtaking. My wife, who wonders why I need more than one guitar, was gob smacked when I opened the case. She asked if she could "touch it." I said, "No" with a smile, of course.

Back