First gig (Zep covers) w/the Archon 25 - YT clips

Yes, prob >50% of what you are hearing is FOH--esp the solos, even tho I am boosting them through the Eventide H9 our sound guy likes to have fun shocking people too lol. IMO an adjustable footswitchable boost is what this amp needs.

Actually it's a Historic Gibson 57 Black Beauty RI w/WCR pickups--I do agree it's got a distinctive tone

Thanks!

Great sounding rig and I really liked your playing!

You definitely captured the right vibe for the music. Thanks for posting this!

Great sounding rig and I really liked your playing!

You definitely captured the right vibe for the music. Thanks for posting this!
Thanks man--not many 'rock' clips of this amp out there and IMO it can definitely do the Warren Haynes/Bonamassa/Slash thing along with the detuned metal stuff

Very nice. Lots of Archon love around hear lately. Such a versatile amp. It really deserves to be in the spotlight. It's definitely not a one trick pony.

Sounds good. Hmmm, 25 watt combo, huh? That little thing kicks some butt, doesn't it? Great job playing, too!

Sounds great! Nothing from Presence? Which WCR pickups? I've got a set of Darkbursts I need to put in my Singlecut.

Sounds good. Hmmm, 25 watt combo, huh? That little thing kicks some butt, doesn't it? Great job playing, too!
Thanks man--without FOH support it would be tough to carry a big room but as long as you can stick a mic in front it's all you need. Yeah the Archon/H9 combo is pretty cool, esp when you work MIDI in and have switching options.

Sounds great! Nothing from Presence? Which WCR pickups? I've got a set of Darkbursts I need to put in my Singlecut.
We always do NFBM and ALS comes out on special occasions lol...it's tough, you really have 90m or so of stuff you HAVE to do so you are relegated to just a handful of non-standards each night. Here we did Ten Years Gone and a couple other band covers. Sometimes Dazed and Confused or Achilles makes an appearance, but you really need the right venue/crowd, not a pool hall like this place.

Both of my Les Pauls have AST sets in them -- Godwood bridge and Crossroads neck. I've got a C24 but I've always kept the original p/u's in my PRS guitars for some reason...

That sound clip has been quite informative! I always eschewed the Archon to the metal/hard rock/modern genre, which I dig but don't have a use for in my band. Typically, in my experience anyway, high gain amps don't have enough compression for my tastes at lower levels of gain. The tightness makes them great for high gain, I get it, but I can't use the gain. This clip seems to indicate otherwise for the Archon!

Feel is the most important thing for my playing, and I'm thinking perhaps I give the 25 watter a go....

Sounds good! No problems with the H9 and noise in the loop? Someone here had a couple other Eventide pedals and was having issues. He had an older pre loop mod amp I think. Never heard back if he solved his issues. What midi setup are you using? What else is on your board? I'd throw an Xotic EP Booster in your loop for the volume boost if you need.

Your band sounds great, really great, singer sounds great too, its hard to write it up with the humour its intended, but hes no much of a ballet dancer lol

That sound clip has been quite informative! I always eschewed the Archon to the metal/hard rock/modern genre, which I dig but don't have a use for in my band. Typically, in my experience anyway, high gain amps don't have enough compression for my tastes at lower levels of gain. The tightness makes them great for high gain, I get it, but I can't use the gain. This clip seems to indicate otherwise for the Archon!

Feel is the most important thing for my playing, and I'm thinking perhaps I give the 25 watter a go....
That's why I wanted to get this posted, so folks could see that this amp isn't JUST for "metal" players. I LOVE high gain but I'm not a fan of most of what is considered metal music these days. While it doesn't have any low gain tones on Ch2, Ch1 takes TS type pedals very well. The clean channel is really great--a better player than me could really show that off. If nothing else, hopefully more will give these amps a shot!

Sounds good! No problems with the H9 and noise in the loop? Someone here had a couple other Eventide pedals and was having issues. He had an older pre loop mod amp I think. Never heard back if he solved his issues. What midi setup are you using? What else is on your board? I'd throw an Xotic EP Booster in your loop for the volume boost if you need.
Vox wah, Tech 21 MIDI Moose (running the amp through an RJM Gizmo so I can switch channels, effects and the loop with one footswitch), Timmy OD. Eventide H9 in the loop--this handles the boost for me. I need a volume, not gain boost which is what the EP would give, correct?

Your band sounds great, really great, singer sounds great too, its hard to write it up with the humour its intended, but hes no much of a ballet dancer lol
Thanks for the props man. Yeah, our singer is crazy as a loon LOL. In a good way. Never know what kind of sounds or gyrations he's going to make.

Back