Finish peeling off??

Tag

I have a CU22 semi hollow that I LOVE. Got it when they first came out. I have noticed that along the fingerboard, the finish has started peeling off like an onion. It actually looks kind of like cracked glass. Here is a pic. I have toyed with the idea of having PRS re fin it in a different color and nitro, but it sounds so good I am kind of afraid. Is this what should mpush me over the edge to do it? Anyone else see this kind of thing? Thanks in advance!
prs_zps3ttllwxq.jpg

PRS will most likely fix it under warranty.

Rosewood is an oily wood, and sometimes the finish doesn't adhere perfectly to it.

That happened to my custom 24 too, the finish has also started to turn white and cloudy in spots throughout the whole guitar. It never really bothered me because i couldnt feel it, but i drop filled the spots along the fretboard i could feel and polished them with a stew mac sanding stick thing and its like it never happened. The white clouds definitely bother me though so that may cause me to bite the bullet and have it refinished, but id certainly have them finish it in something that is not whatever they used before.

Yeah, it happens.

I've got that on my KL33 and it's spread onto the neck. I'd holler at PRS and see what they'll do for you.

I bought mine secondhand and dont have any of the papers that came with it, i had assumed they wouldnt cover it like this.

Thanks guys! I would want it a different color and nitro, so im sure I will have to pay, but if its got to be done, thats what I want. Will call them this week. Its such a smoking guitar! 6.5 lbs of tone!

They fixed it on my Paul's Guitar, no charge, but I'd only had it for about 5 months. The good news is that it never re-appeared after that.

I had a similar issue with my CU22 PTC fixed it better than new only cost me shipping !!!!

Back