Feels So Real

Too cool!!!! Although, based on the thread title, I had handed the iPad over to the wife. :oops:
She smacked me upside the head, and told me to get a clue. o_O

I'm happy for Jamie.

Years of hard work went into this. So it's nice to see that things are plugging along well so far.

Of course the hardest work is just starting. Just coming off a tour? Well, get the tour van ready again...'cause you're gonna be living out of a suitcase the entire summer...26 cities...

SUPPORTING SWMRS:
6/27/16 PORTLAND, ME - PORT CITY MUSIC HALL
6/29/16 PROVIDENCE, RI - FETE MUSIC HALL
6/30/16 WATERTOWN, NY - THE FLAHBACK
7/1/16 SYRACUSE, NY - FUNK N WAFFLES
7/2/16 LANCASTER, PA - CHAMELEON CLUB
7/5/16 COLUMBUS, OH - RUMBA CAFÉ
7/6/16 CINCINNATI, OH - BOGART'S
7/7/16 LOUISVILLE, KY - ZANZABAR
7/9/16 LAWRENCE, KS - THE BOTTLENECK
7/10/16 FT. COLLINS, CO - HODI'S HALF NOTE
7/11/16 CO SPRINGS, CO - BLACK SHEEP
7/14/16 RENO, NV - PB&JS
7/15/16 WATSONVILLE, CA - APPLETON GRILL
7/17/16 LANCASTER, CA - MOOSE LODGE

SUPPORTING WAVVES:
7/21/16 PHOENIX, AZ - CRESCENT BALLROOM
7/22/16 TUCSON, AZ - THE ROCK
7/23/16 ALBUQUERQUE, NM - LAUNCHPAD
7/25/16 TULSA, OK - THE VANGUARD
7/26/16 SAINT LOUIS, MO - THE READY ROOM
8/1/16 OMAA, NE - THE WAITING ROOM
8/2/16 BOULDER, CO - FOX THEATRE - BOULDER
8/3/16 COLORADO SPRINGS, CO - THE BLACK SHEEP
8/5/16 PORTLAND, OR - HAWTHORNE THEATER
8/6/16 SEATTLE WA - THE CROCODILE
8/8/16 SANTA CRUZ, CA - THE ATRUIM AT THE CATALYST
8/9/16 SACRAMENTO, CA - ACE OF SPADES

I guess if you want it, you gotta do the heavy lifting! ;)

Last edited:
In other news about the band, I was looking around on Apple Radio, and discovered that Partybaby is listed under "50 Reasons To Be Excited About 2016."

OK, I was already excited about the band and the whole Warner's Artists thing during this past few days, but this is kind of icing on cake.

Yeah, it's astounding to see Jamie's band listed on the same Artist page as my faves, like Clapton, Petty, Neil Young, Prince, Green Day, and so many others.

Kinda took my breath away, actually.

Sorry I'm late to the party, Les. I just got back to work and a computer.
My most sincere congratulations to your son, and you for this achievement. What a rush!!

Now, if your son can get a PRS deal as an endorsee, you will then be able to get deals on more PRS guitars! ;)

Everyone, thanks on Jamie's behalf for the good wishes!

I told him I've been posting about the band here, and that so many of the guys wished him well, and he was pretty stoked.

Now, if your son can get a PRS deal as an endorsee, you will then be able to get deals on more PRS guitars! ;)

Wouldn't that be something?

Though to be honest, Jamie isn't into stuff.

When he was working with 30 Seconds to Mars he had a Moog deal but never really took much advantage of it. He has some vintage guitars that he likes for recording work, and some guitars he uses on stage, but he's not really into guitars, amps and recording gear the way I am.

He's just one of those guys who's all about songwriting, producing and performing music. That's a rare quality, and I hope it never changes! I think it's one of the things that has taken him this far.

Last edited:
Everyone, thanks on Jamie's behalf for the good wishes!

I told him I've been posting about the band here, and that so many of the guys wished him well, and he was pretty stoked.

Wouldn't that be something?

Though to be honest, Jamie isn't into stuff.

When he was working with 30 Seconds to Mars he had a Moog deal but never really took much advantage of it. He has some vintage guitars that he likes for recording work, and some guitars he uses on stage, but he's not really into guitars, amps and recording gear the way I am.

He's just one of those guys who's all about songwriting, producing and performing music. That's a rare quality, and I hope it never changes! I think it's one of the things that has taken him this far.

That is very unusual, and refreshingly different! Funny though, how those able to get the best deals sometimes have little to no interest. It would be great if your son could wind up being a name entity in the biz, as a producer, or some higher end job where he doesn't have to reply on the fickle public to survive. I wish all the best for him, Les.

That's awesome Les. Congrats to Jamie! So the label deal recent, I assume? Wasn't sure if they initially were going at it indie, or?

That's awesome Les. Congrats to Jamie! So the label deal recent, I assume? Wasn't sure if they initially were going at it indie, or?

They're really excited about it. Warner Brothers is the perfect label for the band.

It would be great if your son could wind up being a name entity in the biz, as a producer, or some higher end job where he doesn't have to reply on the fickle public to survive. I wish all the best for him, Les.

This band is his dream. Not many bands get this opportunity!

I'm not sure there's a higher end job, though there are different end jobs he's had some experience with.

Jamie has a done well on the other "side of the glass" -- engineering and mixing (30 Seconds to Mars' most recent record that went gold):

He and his band-mate produced their new record. Jamie also won awards scoring films in college, and even did some ad scoring for my company while still in school, and for a friend's company before doing the work with 30 STM.

He's a talented guy, I have complete faith in his future.

Chip off the old block.

Seems I'll be driving through Providence during the show after picking up my daughter the dancer, living the dream also in Brooklyn, on my way to the South Shore of Massachusetts.

Back