Favorite PRS TODAY?

Got this lovely back from the PTC at the end of last week. Right now, I'd say it's my fav.....honeymoon, and all...........

BSwoXbQ.jpg

Definitely love this one! What did they do over at the PTC?

Ah ha, yeah that's not fun. I've got that on my Mira and a little on my Starla I think. Might have to send it to them when it bothers me too much.

I was a little miffed that the seller didn’t disclose it. Oh well. It was gone about 6 weeks. I only had it 2 days before before I sent it off to Maryland.

Nice!!!

They are always so happy when they get back from a day at the “spa”...

For the past few months, it's been my 2008 Vintage Yellow Custom 22. I bought it used back in 2011 and it had definitely been gigged....a lot. Over the past eight years, I've put some serious miles on it, too, along with some of my own "tattoos".

This guitar is a complete beast and just simply delivers every single time. It has damn-near perfect intonation and just incredibly smooth play-ability. After years of playing, the rosewood neck is super-smooth and worn in.

I really enjoy the Dragon II pickups in it, too. Seems Dragon II's get mixed reviews, but I really enjoy them. I've said many times in the past that the neck pickup is one of my all time favorites, especially split. I get great tones out of the bridge, as well, but primarily use it in as a humbucker. Pinch harmonics around the 11th fret just get so incredibly gnarly on this guitar....I constantly get complements on the tone from my bandmates.

While I really enjoy my 24-fretters, this one is just just undeniable....

Puwrqcy.jpg

dU8fCRR.jpg

I'm also a fan of the 2008 Hollow-bird inlays. But let's face it, there isn't much out there PRS-wise that I don't like.

FF5GOar.jpg

I remember this specific incident when one of my strap locks whacked the top of the guitar....it didn't bother me one bit.

GeiBUL5.jpg

At some point, the bridge pickup ring cracked. So to keep the corner from falling off, I super-glued it.

lcAZbld.jpg

A couple edge dings I did...

LzA3VBI.jpg

This one was already there when I bought it. It goes all the way to the bare-wood. (Insert Michael Scott quote)

ng1Ldyg.jpg

Another strap-lock ding...

GfLWtEh.jpg

Lots of buckle-rash on this one. Hard to get a picture of all of it, but it's kind of evident here...

99VIdgd.jpg

Overall, this guitar is a beast and just refuses to quit.

w1A2hxa.jpg

Funny thing is, I was just about to say that was my favourite today. I played it’s dark twin last night...and left the term arm on. Cheers mate.

Cheers to you! It doesn’t strike me as too funny that you’d call your Westie a favorite today, it’s an amazing looking guitar.

Did you add those gold pickup rings? If so, what color were they before?

They look great like, though....as I've said before, this guitar puts the a$$ in class.

Thanks!

Yeah, I replaced the cream rings with these. I don’t know why, and I’m sure it’s just a coincidence but, most of my great sounding guitars have metal rings.

Back