Favorite Kitchen Knife?

I HAD a decent set of Chicago Cutlery knives, but they are residing with the ex now. Since I don't eat meat and I'm freshly single, which means I don't really eat too much anyway (gotta slim down!) I have been narrowly escaping cutting my digits off with a horrible set from IKEA.

I really like to drink though, and I really enjoy making cocktails, especially fruity drinks in exotic natural containers. Two things have changed my life: A bangin' pineapple corer that perfectly removes the pineapple while leaving the outside husk intact, and this canadian machete.

Can't open a coconut without it!

I have a set of no name set of 3 kitchen knives made by the Amish in PA. Stainless steel, very thin. Best knives I've ever had. I'm trying to find another set like them but so far I've been unsuccessful.

I have a set of no name set of 3 kitchen knives made by the Amish in PA. Stainless steel, very thin. Best knives I've ever had. I'm trying to find another set like them but so far I've been unsuccessful.

AP - I'm from Amish country in PA, and my family still lives there. I'd be happy to do a little recon/research for you. If you'd like, send a PM my way with a little more info about those knives and I'll gladly see what I can uncover. :)

My girlfriend will tell you that Cutco is the way to go. I'm personally not picky, but she's constantly berating my "inferior" kitchen knives.

A sharp one! The knife sharpener is a great little appliance.

We have a decent set of knives at my house, from one of the big department stores. I'm not picky. The handles are comfy and as long as the blades are sharp, they cut just fine for me.

My wife bought us a Cutco set about 15 years ago (chef's knives, steak knives, scissors, BBQ tools, etc.). They are worth the money. We managed to break the handle on one of the steak knives a few years ago and they replaced it right away, no questions asked. Every now and then they call and ask if they can come by and sharpen them for us, even after we say we have all we need and aren't buying any more.

Benchmade - Griptilian

If it's good enough for a NGD or PRS Store haul it's good enough for my steak.

photo%25204.JPG

I use this silly Rachel Ray knife with her orange handle that I received as a gift a few Chirstmases ago, and the damn thing is FANTASTIC. It's made by Furi (good-quality stuff), and it is always razor-sharp and is very well-balanced. It's a 6" santuko-style knife that is scalloped a bit so potatoes and onions don't stick to it when you are chopping. It also came with a little sharpener, and every other month or so I'll give it a couple of swipes through that gizmo, and I swear I could shave with it. For about $20 bucks or so, you can't BEAT it!

My favorite cooking knife is My Wife. She doesn't let me in the kitchen and I'm fine with that. I sometimes walk by to get from the den to the bathroom and see her intently sharpening the knives so that lady knows what she is doing.... I did once remember seeing them and recall some German sounding name.

Back