Faded Whale Blue Finish

Lilkuku

Newbie here. Looking to purchase a 93' 24 Custom in Whale Blue. However the finish is really faded to a point where the blue is all but gone. The back of the guitar is still fine. I was told it was faded whale blue, but have yet to fine a picture of one so pale. Is this normal?

Thanks

Patrick

Last edited:
Thats a guitar that has seen a LOTTTTTTT of light but I believe that it used to be Whale Blue.

Not exactly normal then, lol. I was hoping it was a particular finish, but I kind of knew better. I am sure it is still a great instrument. He also has an EG II and a Mira. I should be able to pick one.

Yep, that was likely blue. Check out this ME1... it was denim, not whale, but same deal...

sh-mod-eagle1.jpg

So...lilkuku...what didja do??

I checked out the guy's guitars and was not impressed with their condition. I am a little more particular about how I keep my guitars. Especially guitars that are going to cost $1400-$1500. I passed on all 3 of his. Found one on TGP I bought and returned. The seller failed to mention some headstock issues that I noticed before I even took it out of the case. Finally, I bought another PRS CE 22 96' with the Dragon I pups and just getting to know her. Sounds fantastic so far.

Back