Every little bit helps

GADonis

Beautifully Broken
I don't remember seeing this here but Bandcamp.com is doing a promotion tomorrow that could be used to help artists who have lost gigs because of the virus. I know the band I'm in has had all our March and April gigs cancelled. Fortunately for me I am not a full time musician and I have a day job that pays quite nicely (a situation probably not uncommon for the people on this board) so my financial situation isn't really impacted by the loss of gigs. But some truly talented people will be financially devastated by this and every little bit can help.

https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/bandcamp-covid-19-fundraiser

Thanks for the heads-up. BandCamp sent out emails to its patrons recently asking for help for artists who rely on gatherings or concert venues for income.

If this is the case, remember to help your local artists as well who may also rely on live music for a portion of their income. Am hoping to make it worthwhile during this time while practicing social distancing. Hope more can also help local artists fund their efforts to keep the music scene alive during this time.

Back