Does This Mean I'm Cheap?

watelessness

Potato chips. Ruffles - my favorite potato chip.

A large portion of chips end up being crumbs at the bottom of the bag. The crumbs are too messy to eat with fingers, especially at the office. So today i pulled a modified George Costanza and started eating potato chip crumbs with a spoon. Perhaps tomorrow I'll layer crumbs between peanut butter and jelly and save a plastic bag.

Does that make me cheap?

:rofl:

I don't think it makes you cheap, just resourceful.

BTW, those crumbs are really good if you bake them on top of a potato cassarole.

Was it your bag of chips? If you were gobbling chips from a bag someone else was finished with, that would be cheap. If it was your bag you paid for those crumbs.

This thread made me hungry. :redface:

Even if a gyro or a bowl of pho is calling my name, I tend to eat the leftovers from the fridge, and have eaten some pretty strange combinations of things because of this. So no, you're not cheap!

Today, for example, I'm having an open faced veggie enchilada quesadilla with a side of Mediterranean faro salad.

Not cheap although I just end up doing the up turned bag into gaping maw thing.

Also Ruffles? We used to get these in Aus, they were extra thick crinkle cut right? I miss them :(

The crumbs are the best part, lol... I usually just straighten out all the edges and pour them in my mouth... no need to dirty another dish to get at them, lol.

With all this talk about crumbs, I really wanna find someone I could buy a kilo of that crack/sugar from that's at the bottom of Sour Patch Kids bags.

Makes you frugal Dave ....................... nutt'in wrong with dat!

My Wife opens a new bag, if the old one is less than 1/4 full. She even does this with my Grandkids :rolleyes: She puts the (mostly crumbs) bag back in the cabinet because she knows I won't let them be wasted. She does this with most things. Seems to have some sort of fetish about the last pieces of anything. Drives me nuts. I call them the "extra" pieces that the mfgr puts in every container!

My Wife opens a new bag, if the old one is less than 1/4 full.

I do the same thing - but that's because I am a second-class citizen in my own home. That means I'm not allowed to eat the last of anything. This is a well-documented and often discussed problem.

Last glass of OJ? I had better not drink it.

Last piece of cake? Not if I value my life.

Anyone and everyone is entitled to the last [insert random food item here] in my fridge. Anyone, that is to say, except me.

Example: "God-damnit, HANS... did you eat the last ice cream sandwich?!?!?!"

Well hell yes I ate that creamy, delicious, muther#$%^er! You think an ice cream sandwich has a chance in hell when I'm in the house?

Back