Demographics: Settling the discussion once and for all

Which of the following most accurately describes what you do (or did) for a living?

• Health Care (Doctor, PA, Nurse, Anesthesiologist, Lab Tec, etc.)

• Legal (Lawyer, Paralegal, Mediator, etc.)

• Engineering (IT systems, mechanical, structural, etc.)

• Public Servant or Military (Police, Fireman, Teacher, Active Duty, etc.)

• The Arts (Illustration, design, photography, music, etc.)

• The Trades (Electrician, HVAC, Plumbing, Carpenter, etc.)

• Business Owner (self employed)

• Training & Development

• Management (Including Project & Program Management)

• Other (sorry, poll is limited to 10 options)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Heck yeah, I lost most of my recorded music a few years ago to a hard drive crash. Yes, I backed up, and later discovered that drive was crashed as well. And my "fans" aren't exactly clamoring for more "content." :D
That SUX a$$ !

I tend to go with hard copies of things. Digital is all good until it ain't. Maybe I am just old school like that.

That SUX a$$ !

I tend to go with hard copies of things. Digital is all good until it ain't. Maybe I am just old school like that.
I had two completely recorded, mixed, mastered and "done" songs, 3 more that were all tracked and in various stages of mix down and still only in the DAW. First, the software expired and wouldn't work on the new updated Windows. I was using an already outdate version of Acid Pro. While I scrambled to find another older computer that the software would work on so I could dump the songs and tracks over, the hard drive crashed. I was going to pay for the update to Acid Pro just to save the projects, but took the hard drive to a friend to extract the music and he couldn't get the tracks off. I had made one CD of the two finished tracks and loaned it to a student at the local college (that was attending our church) for what was supposed to be a week. The CD was loaned to them while I was still trying to resolve the issues and didn't realize I'd never get the stuff off the old hard drive. Two weeks later the quarter ended and when school started back, she had transferred to another school. That CD was the only evidence of my 2 finished songs. I found her on Instagram and she said she couldn't find the CD, but knew she had it somewhere and would mail it to me when she found it. She never found it. The CD was one of those blank, writable CD's and had no writing or anything on it, so I'm pretty sure it just got mixed in with her other stuff and maybe she even saw it but didn't realize what it was. I hoped some day she'd pop it in and figure out what it was, and send it back. But that was almost 6 years ago and I've pretty much given up on it.

Edit: the worst part, was that she really liked the songs and asked me if she could rip MP3's for her devices, and I asked her not too. I was told not to let anyone make copies until I had all my tracks done and could officially release a full CD of music. If I had told her to go ahead and rip them, at least she could have emailed me back MP3 copies of the two songs.

I grew up on a farm. I took ag classes at the local community College and then switched to English at the State College.
I then spent 35 years teaching grades from K-8.
Hello, fellow teacher! I teach middle school science, also with math at one point. I started a Rock Band Club in my school giving the kids a safe place to jam or talk. I am glad for the support I have gotten! People have been donating enough instruments that I was able to come up with enough equipment! Need more better amps though, but everything is workable. So, my science room is also a band jam room! Kids are always excited to come!

Last edited:
Hello, fellow teacher! I teach middle school science, also with math at one point. I started a Rock Band Club in my school giving the kids a safe place to jam or talk. I am glad for the support I have gotten! People have been donating enough instruments that I was able to come up with enough equipment! Need more better amps though, but everything is workable. So, my science room is also a band jambroom! Kids are always excited to come!
During my dozen years teaching 8th grade English, I would get together at lunch with interested kids in the band room. All I would bring was a Strat. The pep band had a drum set bass guitar, and amps for the bass, keys, and guitar. At assemblies another teacher would play bass while a student played drums. I played guitar.
When I switched to 5th grade,I would use the overhead projector and youtube music videos to educate interested kids on the possibilities of electric music. The drum auditions for Dream Theater were an eye opener for 10 year olds.

Last edited:
Back