Demo video of my 1990 CE24 w/ Lindy Fralin pickups

Sounds great! I love Fralin pickups. Which ones did you go with?

Fried Man Pink Taco sort of sounds like a dish at a restaurant for cannibals.

Sounds great! I love Fralin pickups. Which ones did you go with?

Thanks John! I am not sure what model these fralins would compare to. I ordered them from LIndy in the early 90's before I even had an internet connection. I called Lindy and was discussing how I wanted the pickups wound. He told me he had Dickie Betts 50 something Les Paul in his shop and Lindy said he could make me an exact copy of Dickie's pickups if I liked. I think Lindy said 58 but I am not sure. It's been 25 years or so. That sounded like a super idea so I said yes. I omitted the PU covers.

Very nice. Sounds great!

I'm getting Fralin pickups for a couple of my guitars.

Great sound and playing!

I couldn't tell from the vid, does the CE have the full alder body or does it have a maple top?

Great sound and playing!

I couldn't tell from the vid, does the CE have the full alder body or does it have a maple top?

Thank you, cat!

The CE24 in the video is an alder body w/ a maple top. Here's a pic. I think in later years PRS switched to mahogany body w/ maple top.

4.jpg

Nice, I had similar one from '92-'94 that I really regret selling. I should try to hunt one down!

A friend of mine has a super nice all original 91 CE24 in black cherry that he is selling. I considered buying it because I love the old CE24's so much, but it has a wide-thin neck which killed it for me. If you're interested I can send you his contact info. He lives in Spartanburg, SC.

Fantastic guitar and you got fine tone there. My first PRS was a metallic red 1990 CE24, way back in 1992.

A friend of mine has a super nice all original 91 CE24 in black cherry that he is selling. I considered buying it because I love the old CE24's so much, but it has a wide-thin neck which killed it for me. If you're interested I can send you his contact info. He lives in Spartanburg, SC.
Whoa! Do you know how much he's asking? Spartanburg is right up the road from me. I'd like to see at least a pic of that one.

Back