Custom 22 McCarty bridge placement

kenerv1

What should be the measurement between the treble and bass sides of the nut to the center of the treble and bass stud wells on a PRS custom 22 McCarty? ChatGPT says 25" to both. But many images seem to show a difference with a bit of a slant to the stop tail bridge. Thanks for help.

The guitar has a 25" scale. However, the actual spot where the string comes off the bridge has been compensated for due to the thickness of the string that needs intonated. This is the same with any guitar. You can see that with any guitar that has movable saddles. They will be in a similar pattern to the PRS stop tail bridge once the strings are intonated.

What should be the measurement between the treble and bass sides of the nut to the center of the treble and bass stud wells on a PRS custom 22 McCarty? ChatGPT says 25" to both. But many images seem to show a difference with a bit of a slant to the stop tail bridge. Thanks for help.

What are you trying to accomplish?

I am building one, similar. I have always kind of guessed at the bridge location before, and that seemed to work. This time I thought I would try to be more precise. Or is it like neck angle that you just have to figure it out.

Back