Core Studio opinions?

Buddy Shagmore

I have a core Paul's Guitar, very happy with it. I am pondering over scoring a core Studio. I think the PRS tremelo is the best out there (had an early 90'S CE24), and the Pattern neck is right for me. Anyone care to share their opinions of the core Studio?

No experience, but I’m super curious. I have the S2 Studio, and I love the versatility. That’s a whole different animal though. 2 “Type D” single coils and a Starla hb in the bridge position.

Last edited:
I LOVED everything about this one. EXCEPT the neck carve. For me, it was too small. I tried and tried, still got hand cramps.
lPyJTco.jpg

I LOVED everything about this one. EXCEPT the neck carve. For me, it was too small. I tried and tried, still got hand cramps.
lPyJTco.jpg
Did that one have the Pattern neck? Isn't the Pattern PRS' current biggest carve? My Paul's has a Pattern, I have bonded with it. It is "almost" as big as the ol' late great Wide Fat (had an '01 Singlecut with W/F).

Did that one have the Pattern neck? Isn't the Pattern PRS' current biggest carve? My Paul's has a Pattern, I have bonded with it. It is "almost" as big as the ol' late great Wide Fat (had an '01 Singlecut with W/F).
It was "Pattern Regular" as far as I know. I too love the original "Wide-Fat," as is on my '95 CU22 & '94 CE22. This one just wasn't that large. Otherwise an absolutely KILLER guitar! And under good stage lights, WOW!

Welp, I succumbed to my desires and drove 2.5 hrs to San Diego to score a new Antique White Core Studio. The guys at Pitbull Audio are very cool. Got 10% off, and a free set up. It was worth the drive. It's kind of a non-blingy PRS, The maple binding is a nice touch, and you can tell the build quality and playability is, naturally, top notch.
20230615-dsc00843.jpg

Welp, I succumbed to my desires and drove 2.5 hrs to San Diego to score a new Antique White Core Studio. The guys at Pitbull Audio are very cool. Got 10% off, and a free set up. It was worth the drive. It's kind of a non-blingy PRS, The maple binding is a nice touch, and you can tell the build quality and playability is, naturally, top notch.
20230615-dsc00843.jpg
Great score! A guitar I'd like to own for sure.. dig the white!

Back