Cleaning frets: what’s your favorite method?

These are the stuff I use.
cVnd0nh.jpg

I use that on my watches!

Some of that miracle cloth arrived today. I'm going to try it next time. It smells and looks like the other polishing clothes and agent I've used and seen. A little stronger smell than the cape cod stuff but I've had that tin for a long time.

I also watched this. It seems to be the same cloth.
The thing is, I know and trust Gorgomyte on my guitars. There are no bad longterm effects with the Gorgomyte. Is it the same for the Miracle Cloth?
I was asking if YOU tried both to get another opinion before I give it a chance. How is the Miracle Cloth longterm?
Sorry, just saw this. I've used Miracle Cloth for the past two years on a variety of guitars from varying decades (i.e. with different degrees of age and wear) and the Miracle Cloth is great. Frets come up clean and like Gorgomyte it can also be used on the fretboard as a substitute for oil but I don't use it for that, just the frets themselves. The cloth turns black from the crud it picks up while the frets turn shiny and smooth and there have been no ill effects after the fact. That's two years worth of cleaning all those guitars. Definitely happy with it and recommend it.

Sorry, just saw this. I've used Miracle Cloth for the past two years on a variety of guitars from varying decades (i.e. with different degrees of age and wear) and the Miracle Cloth is great. Frets come up clean and like Gorgomyte it can also be used on the fretboard as a substitute for oil but I don't use it for that, just the frets themselves. The cloth turns black from the crud it picks up while the frets turn shiny and smooth and there have been no ill effects after the fact. That's two years worth of cleaning all those guitars. Definitely happy with it and recommend it.
Nice!
Sounds like Gorgomyte to me. I’ll probably give it a shot when my current supply runs out.

Back