Calling B.S.

Leathan

...am I wrong?

Somebody on ebay selling an "SC245":

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-Reed-S...718991?hash=item210a2e2c8f:g:nhMAAOSwzgRWwiux

1. Refuses to give the serial number?
2. Guitar appears to have the stock PRS "stoptail" bridge vs. the "nashville" arrangement SC245s usually have?

Don't mean to bad mouth the guy if it's un-warranted but, still, some alarm bells are ringing for me.

Again, please, correct me if I'm wrong. Your advice?

This could very easily be an older sc245 when they had the Stoptail.Some sellers are afraid to give the serial number because it can be used in false ads. Not necessarily fraud. He also has 100 per cent feedback.

The 2010 SC245s were, if memory serves, wrap tails like the McCarty models. Later they employed the 2 piece bridge.

This could very easily be an older sc245 when they had the Stoptail.Some sellers are afraid to give the serial number because it can be used in false ads. Not necessarily fraud. He also has 100 per cent feedback.

The 2010 SC245s were, if memory serves, wrap tails like the McCarty models. Later they employed the 2 piece bridge.

I have to concur with dog and Les. This looks like a winner to me. I wouldn't hesitate.

Yup. Shortly after the G lawsuit was settled and PRS brought the SC back, they came out as the SC245(like the ebay guitar) and the SC250 that had an adjustable stoptail.

25th Anniversary Birds (I doubt they would be a special order) and 57/08s were standard for the 2010 25th Anni SC245s.

It doesn't have the 25th headstock though, maybe you could spec to have it or not?

A pic of the hang tag would be nice, just to see the full deal and confirm some of the special order claims... (but doesn't add value to the guitar).

A bit overpriced IMO

I agree it's a little high for used. That price isn't off the retail price it sold for by much. I guess he thinks that if it's been under the bed for 6 years, it must still be new.

I see no issues with authenticity. If it's a 10 top he needs to show the back of the headstock with the 10 designation, and blur out the last few digits of the serial number, which would also verify the year.

But yeah, so the general history of singlecuts after the lawsuit found in favor of PRS - might have a few holes here
2006 - Singlecut model & singlecut trem 25" scale length, stoptail and trem.
2007-2010 ish? SC245 and SC250, different pickups and scale length, but both had stoptails.
2011-12 McCarty 58 SC-58 and Stripped 58, right? intro of two piece bridges.
2013-present SC245 again, which is basically a stripped 58 w/ 2 piece bridge.

This sort of feeds into the other thread about how PRS should keep the specs pages up for older models. Since buying my 1st PRS in 2006 I have been reading the forums and keeping up with the models pretty well but these things are starting to get foggy. I can only imagine how confusing it must be for a newcomer.

Last edited:
I believe the 2006 SC's were much like the 2000 - 2004's but were weight relieved. The split into 245/250 was in 2007.

Back