Bridges With Paul

I wondered why PRS never used threaded trem bars! I guess they break, and PRS' don't.

A couple of things I thought were interesting...

1) There are 4 variations of stoptail "curves". I'm curious what years those were implemented, and what corrections were made. Would be interesting to see a generation 1 stoptail next to a generation 4 for comparison.

2) The bottom of the piezo-loaded stoptail. That multipin connector sure seems to stick out of the bottom pretty far. I'm curious if there are issues with that bottoming out. I assume they don't, because PRS would have designed it differently. Maybe the necks are set at a greater angle for these piezo guitars? My stoptails sit real low to the body.

A couple of things I thought were interesting...

1) There are 4 variations of stoptail "curves". I'm curious what years those were implemented, and what corrections were made. Would be interesting to see a generation 1 stoptail next to a generation 4 for comparison.

2) The bottom of the piezo-loaded stoptail. That multipin connector sure seems to stick out of the bottom pretty far. I'm curious if there are issues with that bottoming out. I assume they don't, because PRS would have designed it differently. Maybe the necks are set at a greater angle for these piezo guitars? My stoptails sit real low to the body.
1) +1

2) I think there's a channel or connection hole routed into the guitar's body to make room for the connector on the P equipped guitars.

I think there's a hole in the top of the guitar for that to sit in. That's where the ribbon connector goes...

Jamie

man, i have to update my stoptail bridge. it's 11 years old now. probably rev 1 or something.

Back