Boogie Studio 22+ - Major renovation needed

JonDee

Hi,

Question for UK members - particularly in and around London / Home Counties

I have an old Mesa Boogie Studio 22+ that needs a complete overhaul and new tubes.

The clean channel is just about useable although noisy, but the Graphic EQ, and overdrive circuit isn't working. It served me well back in the day. Many hundreds of gigs.

I went on guitar playing hiatus in the late 90s until last year but I'm now back playing again. I bought a Fender Mustang GTX 100 which I do like but I'd dearly love to get the old girl back on her feet again.

It might be a pricey job, but I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a reliable amp tech who could do a good job.

You could do worse than to drop Rowan a line at Keld Ampworks. Not in London but Newark - Newark is a one stop train ride*. Check out the amp repair pages on his site - he's no stranger to Mesa Boogies. https://www.ampworks.co.uk

*Edit: by this I mean you don't need to change trains - KingsX to Newark.

Last edited:
Definitely worth the effort. I hope you’ll post a follow up once she’s cooking again!

FWIW, I’ve got a 1976 Mk I “Super 60” that hasn’t been touched inside since new. I need to delve into it soon as I have time with new capacitors at the least. Those old classics are worth keep in good health.

The best tech in the country in my opinion is Chris Fantana @ Rift. The guy is a legend, and he is not afraid to work on Mesa amps. Not cheap, but he is worth every penny.

Link to Rift amps

Nearer to London, try Andertons; they have a M/B tech

Back