Best Guitar Comment Ever.

Regardless of whether you're THE god or A god, that's a compliment. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it on good authority that the only guitars allowed in heaven are PRS and Taylor. If I'm really good, my mansion there will look like Markie's basement! :laugh:

I'm gonna really hate playing Tie A Yellow Ribbon on the zither in Hell's polka band.

I mentioned this in passing in the Acoustic guitar thread I recently posted, but since it's about an electric guitar I have to repeat it here.

The other night I had a wonderful singer who's also a damn fine guitar player over for a vocal session for a project I'm working on. My friend Liz is a well known recording artist who has won numerous awards, and made a UK magazine "Most influential women in rock" list.

After we got the vocal tracks down, we got to talking about tone, and she asked about some of my gear. I demo'd the PRS acoustic, but also pulled out the McCarty Singlecut, and played a few tracks I recorded with it.

When I demo'd it through the DG30 I got the best tone compliment I have EVER gotten:

"You sound like a god on that thing!"

Boys, no greater compliment has ever been paid a guitar as far as I'm concerned... ;)

I did not tell her that the guitar's name is The Hammer Of The Gods.

Simple. I say she wants you. :rock:

Simple. I say she wants you. :rock:

No, dude, you've got that wrong. She wants the guitar.

Don't even go there.

You'd have to know Liz to understand that she is a complete tone freak, can play guitar and bass better than most of the guys who come to my studio, produces records, writes songs for TV, etc.

Was a guitar teacher in high school. The real deal.

A very complete artist.

Last edited:
Back