Anyone swapped out their stock fingerboard nut for those PRS brass infused nuts?

Lewguitar

Old Know It All
I bought some for my CE22's.

What did you notice?

A change in tone?

Returning in tune after using the vibrato?

Was it easy to do?

Did they fit perfectly?

Did they require deepening or messing with the string grooves?

I'm fully capable of doing all that...just wondering what I'm in for.

Think I'll start with my '00 CE22 with the BKP Abraxas pickups.

That one's been messed with the most and has become my favorite.

Right on!! Let us know what you experience in your tone quest.

Curious, are you having a string binding/tuning issue, or you just changing the nut for the sake of it?

IIRC, the CE22 should already have the nut you want to replace...

Right on!! Let us know what you experience in your tone quest.

Curious, are you having a string binding/tuning issue, or you just changing the nut for the sake of it?

IIRC, the CE22 should already have the nut you want to replace...
I thought the CE had the standard PRS core nut as well. I have an SAS, which was in the same category as the CE back then and it has the standard PRS black nut on it. The CE in the picture looks to have the standard US PRS nut on it.

The only guitar that I replaced the PRS nut on that didn't already have one was my Tremonti SE ( when they first came out ) and my Fiore.
In both cases the tuning was improved.
In The Fiores case I believe the nut was messed with by the previous owner or a setup tech at a shop, it would not stay in tune.
I also "feel" it improved the sustain.
In both cases the slots were perfect so no depth adjustments were needed , on the SE I did a small smoothing on the outsides for a perfect neck to not transition on the Fiore the Pat Reg nut was a perfect fit.

I thought the CE had the standard PRS core nut as well. I have an SAS, which was in the same category as the CE back then and it has the standard PRS black nut on it. The CE in the picture looks to have the standard US PRS nut on it.
It's a 2000. Pretty sure it's the regular nut.

Back