Anyone replaced the trem block on their SE?

What are you looking for Andy? Tone? Sustain? As far as I know, the SEs have a steel block (with most of the US models being brass) but the trem is also inferior in other ways, quality of casting, components and materials.

If I was looking to modify the trem on a SE, I'd prob change it out with a US one (which I have done) or a Mannmade 1-piece.

Interested to hear if anyone has changed the block out for say a KGC one though

What are you looking for Andy? Tone? Sustain? As far as I know, the SEs have a steel block (with most of the US models being brass) but the trem is also inferior in other ways, quality of casting, components and materials.

If I was looking to modify the trem on a SE, I'd prob change it out with a US one (which I have done) or a Mannmade 1-piece.

Interested to hear if anyone has changed the block out for say a KGC one though

Good stuff... I didn't know about the brass vs steel, and I didn't think the USA trem would fit either. I assumed there was some kind of metric mismatch since the SE's are imported. I'd like to get some fatter/warmer tones and more sustain from my SE CU24. Not that it's bad as is, but once you start modding...

Unfortunately I can't tell you the difference (apart from the physical) between the 2 trems. I changed out a bunch of stuff at the same time (pickups etc) so no idea on the effect on tone. It screwed straight in by the way, but naturally you need to do it right (release all tension first, get the height right, all the screws even etc).

I'd try the Mannmade trem, that way you can always put it in a US model later on down the line :)

If it's a new model custom 24 ('12 or '13) I think you'll have to plug existing claw holes and re-drill to change the trem

Back