Any SE DGT Locking Tuners with Buttons that aren't chrome?

Jerrydpi

I'm running into "problems" as far as making a SE DGT look the way I would like it to look :)

I like the tuners on the SE McCarty 594 because they have ivory colored buttons instead of chrome, but they are vintage style tuners.

Are there any SE DGT Locking Tuners that have cream colored buttons?

Got to Hipshot. They sell buttons. That's what I use to change mine. My DGT and 245 (SEs) have hybrid hardware so I ordered gold...

If I want to go PRS, does that mean I'd have to purchase the SE Chrome Locking Tuners, and then replace the Chrome Buttons with either PRS Phase II Faux-Bone Buttons or the previously mentioned Hipshot Buttons?

If I want to go PRS, does that mean I'd have to purchase the SE Chrome Locking Tuners, and then replace the Chrome Buttons with either PRS Phase II Faux-Bone Buttons or the previously mentioned Hipshot Buttons?

I Believe So Yes.

Gotoh SG381-P4N-MGT(rear thumbwheel lock)

Gotoh SG381-P4N-MG(post lock)

I like Guitar Hey when shopping Gotoh tuners.

Last edited:
Yes, I know. I shared the Hipshot website. Dude says he doesn't want to change the buttons....

I quoted the wrong message earlier!

Fellow Forum Members,

I accept all the possible confusion in my Thread as being 100% my fault.

I was “trying” to ask literally if there were any SE DGT Locking Tuners with Buttons that weren’t chrome.

You can buy Locking Tuners that fit the SE DGT that have Chrome Buttons, and then replace the Buttons with different color Buttons purchased separately, but I was trying to cut out the middleman so to speak by hoping to find them already pre assembled the way I want them.

My bad ❤️

Yes, I know. I shared the Hipshot website. Dude says he doesn't want to change the buttons....
I missed he didn't want to turn a few screws. Not many options out there for tuners for about any application that aren't vintage with creamish buttons.

Easy button. I'm sticking with I'd go with is se locking tuners and aftermarket buttons. Final answer! :)

Maybe contact John Mann. Haven't looked but he might have something if anyone does.

I missed he didn't want to turn a few screws. Not many options out there for tuners for about any application that aren't vintage with creamish buttons.

Easy button. I'm sticking with I'd go with is se locking tuners and aftermarket buttons. Final answer! :)

Maybe contact John Mann. Haven't looked but he might have something if anyone does.
If you check my replies, I NEVER said I didn’t want to turn a few screws, I simply said “Are there any SE DGT Locking Tuners that have cream colored buttons? I wasn't asking just for different color buttons.” :)

John Mann has already contacted me, and he said “……. I'm trying to find you an answer. These things get complicated with all of the different versions of tuners over the years. I can tell you we don't sell a set that will fit your SE DGT with Ivory/White Buttons - But - I may have a set of Pearloid buttons that will fit your current tuners. I will try to get you an answer ASAP!

Michael
JMGV”

Hopefully what I thought should be realatively simple to do (like with a Fender Stratocaster) will come to a somewhat simple solution 😀

Two options - probably John M could craft you some or simply buy the locking tuners and replace buttons as most ppl have done, vintage afaik are different screw holes and would possibly / probably need routing the holes to fit. Simple solution is use the middle man and buy locking se tuners and whatever buttons you desire.

Two options - probably John M could craft you some or simply buy the locking tuners and replace buttons as most ppl have done, vintage afaik are different screw holes and would possibly / probably need routing the holes to fit. Simple solution is use the middle man and buy locking se tuners and whatever buttons you desire.
I agree 100% TheCraftsman about the simple solution :)

So that my friends, answers my Thread question.

Thanks to all!

Back