Any other Periphery fans loving their sig models?

HighGain510

Just one more...
I know there are a couple Periphery fans on here! ;) I had some time to snap a couple shots of my personal Periphery sig models, obviously a huge fan of the USA PRS Holcomb Limited Edition sig model so that is a big part of the group! :D

The OG Periphery Sig Triumvirate (from left-to-right - Ibanez JBM100, Jackson HT6 Juggernaut "Bulb Edition" and PRS Holcomb Limited):

8D37607A-8BC0-4B97-9EC1-FD91F31FEA43_zpspbk4ihcp.jpg

3DA8011A-15E0-48D0-B0F3-8851D378919F_zpsjnhnasdt.jpg

Few others in my stable:

PRS Holcomb Limited in Jade, Jackson HT6 Juggernaut "Bulb Edition" in Silverburst Sparkle and PRS Holcomb Limited in Holcomb Burst:

BEDB743C-6146-498B-BCCC-03E9890CFF3D_zps6scss4bj.jpg

Bonus for the Jackson lovers out there, my Jackson HT7 Juggernaut "Bulb Edition" in Laguna Blueburst, Jackson HT6 Juggernaut "Bulb Edition" in Silverburst Sparkle and Jackson HT6 Juggernaut "Bulb Edition" in Laguna Blueburst:

D64325A6-3886-48F3-83E9-19CEDEB9AA3D_zpsod65q6pu.jpg

My favorite model of the three sigs is still a toss up between the Jackson and the PRS. They're both very unique and have their own sets of positives since they have great stock pickups, great neck carves, tons of incredible tones available etc. The Holcomb is one of the best PRS that the company has put out to date, just IMHO. One of the greatest Custom 24 models ever, especially if you're a hardtail guy at heart like myself! :D Super resonant, lightweight, plays amazingly well and sounds incredible with the SD Custom Shop Alpha/Omega pickups in there! :cool: Honestly, I'd consider the PRS Holcomb SE too but unfortunately Mark opted for the plastic binding on the fretboard which I really don't dig myself... :confused: Not a snob as I love my SE's, so it's certainly not a dig at the quality of the guitars themselves, but the neck binding just looks odd to me so I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on one which is unfortunate as I've seen several really nice examples pop up! :p

Figured I'd share these as I know there are some Periphery fans on here besides myself, and those Holcomb USA Sig models are absolutely amazing guitars! :D

Damn, son.

I do regret not getting one during the American run, but I'm very happy with the SE.

I also have some bulb edition BKP Juggernaut pups going into one of my SE 247.

And I don't even consider myself the biggest Periphery fan, which is funny, because I made sure I got the etched version of the pups.

That's a sweet collection of Periphery stuff! I had two of the Holcomb models that I really liked, but I have come to learn that signature gear and I don't really get on all that well. They were totally fantastic guitars though and I sometimes regret letting them go.

*I realize the seeming hypocrisy of this statement given that my avatar is my Zappa Private Stock, but once you sink money into a Private Stock, it's hard to let it go for ANY reason.

I'm a little jealous regarding those Periphery axes, especially the MH Siggy. Saw recently the Documentary Making of PIII. Nice guys. The current album is currently my No1 album published in 2016.

Yeah. The only thing I could do is spending money on a MH SE (and exchanging the chrome to blk matte knobs).

That's a sweet collection of Periphery stuff! I had two of the Holcomb models that I really liked, but I have come to learn that signature gear and I don't really get on all that well. They were totally fantastic guitars though and I sometimes regret letting them go.

*I realize the seeming hypocrisy of this statement given that my avatar is my Zappa Private Stock, but once you sink money into a Private Stock, it's hard to let it go for ANY reason.

Haha I hear you there dude! Some folks just can't get along with signature gear, and I get that. Fortunately in this case, I don't have any issue with that myself which is wonderful as each of these models are basically what I would spec out myself through the custom shop of each brand but without quite the CS price tag attached! :D

Nice stuff, man!

Thank-you sir!

Sweet family! Love my SE Holcomb

Thanks man! The SE Holcombs I've seen posted recently have looked great (except for the binding on the fretboard, but that's just down to personal taste of course)!

Hey, stranger!
Awesome crew as usual. :D

Haha thanks bro! :D

I'm a little jealous regarding those Periphery axes, especially the MH Siggy. Saw recently the Documentary Making of PIII. Nice guys. The current album is currently my No1 album published in 2016.

Yeah. The only thing I could do is spending money on a MH SE (and exchanging the chrome to blk matte knobs).

The Holcomb sig with black hardware would be wonderful! On my third Holcomb that I'm modding for a Floyd, I'm actually swapping to all black hardware (including black Phase III tuners! \m/).

That's a lot of sigs. Congrats on the axes. Cool to see how they are different/similar for three dudes in the same band.

Agreed, they all have different needs but since they're playing the same styles of music there are definitely some similarities between their sigs! :)

You could host a Periphery gig/practice session in your house with all those Periphery sigs :D
The PRS Holcomb Jade is my fave.

LOL! Have to be ready for the occasion should it arise, right? ;) The Holcomb Burst is probably still my fave, but the Jade one is no slouch! ;)

Back