Another Goofy Thing About the SE Hollowbodies ...

CrimesAgainstMusic

Is that if you have one ... (could be any of the 3 varieties) ...

You don't need no Martin or Taylor !

Heck ! You already gots an "acoustic guitar" ! ;)

The durn things are so resonant, that when strummed unplugged, their output is such that all your

other solidbodies, sound "broken " ! Well, not "broken" but just a lot less resonant ...

I love just strumming without connecting to any amp (including by beloved Micro Ponycar !)

But just in case folks do not realize this post is in jest, I did compare the acoustic tones of a Hollowbody Standard (via a Hotone Omni AC Acoustic Simulator) to a $1,800 or so Taylor my local store had laying around.)

The Hollowbody acquitted itself well with the Sim hooked up. My sales dude was freaked that is sounded so "close" between the two

But the experience cemented an opinion I formed at the beginning of my Guitar Quest, which is

Acoustics are for folks with advanced skills. They are serious guitars. To make them sound right , You gotta bring something that I have yet to develop. :oops:

I was freaked when the Taylor (we had a Fender" acoustic" amp) unplugged made my best strummed cowboy chords sound better than I had ever heard them ...

But my SE Hollowbody makes me aspire to get there ...

Back