And Sometimes, What You Have Is Just Right!

Likely, it is. I was a Pete’s place a few years ago, when he was on his single coil kick. Bad hum in one room. He told me about hiring an electrician and spending a day trying to track down the problem. It turned out to be that little box the water company added.
Ya know, that does't surprise me!

I don't know if there's anything I can/should do to remedy the situation, other than turn the storage room into a recording area (It's actually larger than my studio, so I could do it...but...I dunno, gotta stop somewhere).

Yup. A few years back the water department came in and put in an electronic gizmo that allows them to check the water use without having to get out of their cars to read the meter. It was required that they install it, I had no choice.

And it's pretty close to the electrical box with the access doors to the water main right in the middle of my studio. For all I know, that could be the problem - I didn't have my Soapy when they installed it.
You never know, but there was a story at TGP where several guys claimed they had noise issues after those devices were installed at their home!

I resurrected this thread. I made a couple more changes as I guessed I would.

I moved my beautiful 594 Soapbar; the reason for that is that there must be a ton of RFI and/or EMI in my studio due to the location of the circuit breaker and the wiring (just a guess). The guitar was quiet everywhere I played it EXCEPT my studio!! I could only use it with both pickups on, (the middle switch position).

Honestly, that's a shame, because it's an amazing sounding guitar. But it was under-utilized.

Bought myself a DGT to replace the Special. It was a good move. It's probably the 'most me' PRS model I've played. I'm surprised by that!

No regrets have I about buying that one. I don't have anything else currently on the guitar radar. But you just never know.
I had the same issue when I recorded in the studio with my S2 SC standard that I installed Lollar humbucker size p90’s in. Quiet at home, quiet at rehearsal space but hum city in the studio. I went to the point of buying a set no hum Fralin p90’s to install about a year ago but I still have the Lollars in there because I love the way they sound with my Matchless. Maybe sooner or later I’ll put the Fralins in the spare pickguard I have for the guitar so it’ll be a swap one pickguard for the other with only needing to wire the jack and toggle.

Back