All Along The Watchtower

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
This arrangement has been percolating in my brain for years. I could never quite figure out a way to do it because I'm not a singer. John 5 kinda broke that barrier for me (so blame him) with some of the stuff he does, which has led me to do some songs I might not have otherwise, including this one. It's sort of a mashup between Michael Hedges' version of it and a more rock version.

The mix on this gave me fits - it's probably the song I've had the most difficulty mixing. So criticism and tips on that are most definitely welcome. I'd say I was still learning, but I've come to accept that, much like playing, I'll always be learning how to record and mix.

As for the particulars, I believe the acoustic is my Larivee (I'd have to check - I didn't retune it, so I'd know right away). One of the rhythm electric parts is my SE Holcomb (the other is my EVH). The solo is my PS (I think the melody is, too), and it's through my Archon.

https://soundcloud.com/alantig/all-along-the-watchtower

This arrangement has been percolating in my brain for years. I could never quite figure out a way to do it because I'm not a singer. John 5 kinda broke that barrier for me (so blame him) with some of the stuff he does, which has led me to do some songs I might not have otherwise, including this one. It's sort of a mashup between Michael Hedges' version of it and a more rock version.

The mix on this gave me fits - it's probably the song I've had the most difficulty mixing. So criticism and tips on that are most definitely welcome. I'd say I was still learning, but I've come to accept that, much like playing, I'll always be learning how to record and mix.

As for the particulars, I believe the acoustic is my Larivee (I'd have to check - I didn't retune it, so I'd know right away). One of the rhythm electric parts is my SE Holcomb (the other is my EVH). The solo is my PS (I think the melody is, too), and it's through my Archon.

https://soundcloud.com/alantig/all-along-the-watchtower
Started out kind of unassuming... but then it blossomed into quite the righteous version!
Nicely done sir!

Back