Advice: Best places to find PRS guitars?

I have been in the market for a used PRS for some time, and it appears that the core models do not drop in price very much. They hold value very well. That's great for people who have them, not so much for the folks like us (yet)!

Hi guys, I’m once again having PRS fever :)

I want to buy a PRS, not sure which one, likely something with Soapbars. But, I’m finding that the traditional market places are thin on inventory or ridiculously overpriced (to the tune of 30-40% above fair price).

What are your guys’ go-tos for buying? (Other than Reverb, eBay, and TGP)

I mean aren't Soapbar's only on Wood Library these days ?
If you expect to find those at the same price as a figured or 10 top Core then that's never going to happen.

For new Core/Wood Library/PS I've mostly shopped at: Moore Guitars, Dave's Guitar Shop, Willcutt, Chuck Levin's, Bizarre Guitars.
For used stuff: Dave's Guitar Shop has a never ending stream of use PRS always priced to move, and they indeed move fast.

I have been in the market for a used PRS for some time, and it appears that the core models do not drop in price very much. They hold value very well. That's great for people who have them, not so much for the folks like us (yet)!

They don't retain their value well, unless you mean percentage-wise.
A 50% loss on a SE is less painful than a 30% one Core, or a 10% one on a PS...

The listing price of often delusional owners on Reverb is not a good indicator.
Granted the used market is good for sellers at the moment, but you still shouldn't expect to break even even if you were able to buy the Core new at the best possible price.

too many to name, but all these great dealers have had access to my wallet. in order of volume: Parkway Music, Willcutt Guitars, Northeast Music, Sweetwater, John Mann's Guitar Vault, Guitar Sanctuary, Martin Music, Moore Guitars, Chuck Levin's. I'm sure i left someone out and i apologize!

The Music Zoo in NY is also great- bought a 50th anniversary American Strat deluxe from them - they have a PRS 1985 Private stock in house right now for $ 13K- I've bought from them and they will negotiate a bit, but not a lot on this guy i'm sure.

It's a sellers market right now, whether new or used, but once COVID restrictions ease, we may see a change.....

I got a very good deal on my incoming SE Hollowbody II Piezo from Melody Music in Indiana. Very nice to deal with.

Back