7 Months! 2021 Zach Myers

BeachBound

Yow! I know guitar demand is through the roof (who said the guitar is dead LOL) and inventory is low many places. Still, I was shocked when I called one of our local stores, which does a lot of PRS business in NC, to ask when they thought the new SE Zach Myers would arrive. He told me their next PRS shipment was not expected for 7 months.

So I put myself on the list at Sweetwater hoping one would come in sooner given their product sales rate. I had listed my SE Tremonti Custom this morning for way more than I paid for it or expected to get and it sold within an hour (I had to sell something in order to buy the Zach Myers). so 2 surprises this morning, one good, one bad. I am happy to wait but man, I never expected 7 months.

Guess I'll search and see if I can find out any information on PRS production right now. Google didn't show anything. If anyone here has some info that would be great, but I haven't searched the forum yet.

BTW, hello all. Not the normal new member introduction post I guess.

Last edited:
Welcome, BeachBound!
Everything tied to any gear is a crapshoot right now.
From finding what you want to questionable delivery.
But, you know that...:p:D
The hard part is not buying more while you’re waiting.

Yeah, that is a problem. Now I have cash but it will be a while before I can spend it on what I planned. I may have to stay totally out of guitar stores for a while or it won't be around when the Zach Myers arrives!!

Yow! I know guitar demand is through the roof (who said the guitar is dead LOL) and inventory is low many places. Still, I was shocked when I called one of our local stores, which does a lot of PRS business in NC, to ask when they thought the new SE Zach Myers would arrive. He told me their next PRS shipment was not expected for 7 months.

So I put myself on the list at Sweetwater hoping one would come in sooner given their product sales rate. I had listed my SE Tremonti Custom this morning for way more than I paid for it or expected to get and it sold within an hour (I had to sell something in order to buy the Zach Myers). so 2 surprises this morning, one good, one bad. I am happy to wait but man, I never expected 7 months.

Guess I'll search and see if I can find out any information on PRS production right now. Google didn't show anything. If anyone here has some info that would be great, but I haven't searched the forum yet.

BTW, hello all. Not the normal new member introduction post I guess.
Sweetwater told me June for a ZM and I got it early February. It’s mostly just unpredictable.

Right now I'm in holding pattern on Sweetwater. They told me probably May, which actually is good. A friend was going to buy a guitar from me that I want to sell to fund this one. His better half apparently told him he could buy the guitar from me, but had to sell one he already had first. So he is trying to do that. Feels like buying houses - my buying is contingent on selling to him which is contingent on someone buying from him. If he sells his quickly I'll certainly look for other options and appreciate the heads up some of you have given!

At least online it only appears a link to pre-order.

I noticed that after posting too. It also says shipping in Feb 21. Go figure. Its kinda annoying to see so many listed for sale at various suppliers but some are in stock and others are preorder. They're out there though and eventually it'll work out.

Back