2007 Core Custom 22 w/3-way toggle

Mind Flayer

There's a used 2007 Core Custom 22 in my area. It's a trem version. Looks like it has a volume and tone control + a 3-way toggle. Assuming this is stock, anybody know if this would have a push-pull pot for a split, or would these have been just three tone options?

I wouldn’t assume it’s stock. A 2007 core with a toggle likely came stock with a 5-way rotary. Most people add the push-pull split when converting from rotary to toggle. I just did this conversion on my 2006 (although I wired it to only split the neck).

I wouldn’t assume it’s stock. A 2007 core with a toggle likely came stock with a 5-way rotary. Most people add the push-pull split when converting from rotary to toggle. I just did this conversion on my 2006 (although I wired it to only split the neck).
Thanks. I ended up checking it out and buying it. It does have a push pull. No idea if that was how it came stock (I didn't see an extra knob in the case, but that doesn't really mean much), but I think I prefer the toggle to the 5-way rotary, since (1) I just find it easier to use, and (2) you get an extra tone option (6 combos with the 3-way toggle + push pull versus 5 combos with the 5-way rotary).

Dragon 2 pickups? My 2002 CU22 had D2's and a rotary switch but i don't know how long PRS continued with the D2's or the rotary.

There's one sound that the rotary switch has that can't be had from a 3 way switch and it's the sound of one coil from each humbucker in series and it sounds like a middle humbucker. Very cool sound.

But the rotary switch lacks the sound of the neck and middle humbuckers combined. You need the 3 way for that.

Not sure what pickups are on it, I guess I'd have to take them out to check. My understanding is that the stock pickups would be Dragon IIs, so I'm assuming that's what's in there.

Back