Workin' In A Coal Mine, Going Down, Down, Yeah...

No, but if you are the only one on the forum with two points we will refer to you as "Deuce Schefman", in reverence.
Wait, you don't already revere my most informative posts?

o_O

But no worries, all post references are respected. Even angry ones like the ones @Moondoag Wily posts, though I can't figure out why the hell he does that, since most of my posts are humorous (maybe I'm not as clever as I think?).

Wait, you don't already revere my most informative posts?

o_O

But no worries, all post references are respected. Even angry ones like the ones @Moondog Wily posts, though I can't figure out why the hell he does that, since most of my posts are humorous (maybe I'm not as clever as I think?).
To be honest, I just like clicking the angry icon and you are one of the victims! Another element of my choice for the angry icon is often a single phrase or sentence in a much longer post, and it is never real anger, just something that seems like the angry icon would work best or be funny for!! Another reason sometimes is, I am angry because I did not think of xyz before you (and they don't have the jealous icon)!!! I will try to use more sad icons (to more accurately reflect my communications skillset)!!!! All good in the hood AFIK!!!!!

To be honest, I just like clicking the angry icon and you are one of the victims! Another element of my choice for the angry icon is often a single phrase or sentence in a much longer post, and it is never real anger, just something that seems like the angry icon would work best or be funny for!! Another reason sometimes is, I am angry because I did not think of xyz before you (and they don't have the jealous icon)!!! I will try to use more sad icons (to more accurately reflect my communications skillset)!!!! All good in the hood AFIK!!!!!
Please do not let me reduce your icon joy!

I don't actually mind. We're here to get information and to have a little fun at the same time. But I was curious!

Please note that, although you don't think I'm funny, Mdub give me a lot of the "haha" icons, indicating a laugh.

So maybe, just maybe, I am funnier than you think. ;) And that makes me feel a whole lot better about myself.

:p:p
I'll agree, you might be funnier than I think.

On the other hand, you're probably not as funny as you think.

The good news is that you play the guitar better than Seinfeld (who is the funniest comedian I've ever seen perform live). The bad news is that as a comedian...you should probably stick to guitar.

Don't feel bad.

I'm not funny, and as a guitar player I should probably stick to keyboards.

I'll agree, you might be funnier than I think.

On the other hand, you're probably not as funny as you think.

The good news is that you play the guitar better than Seinfeld (who is the funniest comedian I've ever seen perform live). The bad news is that as a comedian...you should probably stick to guitar.

Don't feel bad.

I'm not funny, and as a guitar player I should probably stick to keyboards.
Les, you don't know how much it means to me, to hear you say that I'm a better guitar player than Jerry. I love Jerry. He's great, his show was an all time classic, a one of the funniest shows ever on TV, and well, he's just GREAT! I'm not even Jewish and I recognize his genius.

I don't often try to rest on my laurels, but in this case, I think I can pillow my head tonight, knowing that, at least in one mans opinion, I'm better than Seinfeld!

I'm at a loss for words... I might have to quit the internet while I'm ahead, because we all know how rare that is.

Please note that, although you don't think I'm funny, Mdub give me a lot of the "haha" icons, indicating a laugh.

So maybe, just maybe, I am funnier than you think. ;) And that makes me feel a whole lot better about myself.

:p:p
What the… an angry emoji from Alnus???

See, I should have quit the internet while I was ahead. Now I’m back in the hole again. :(

Life on the internet… SO fickle…

Today's Work in a Coal Mine was orchestral.

It was a demo. Maybe they'll like it, and maybe they'll think, 'WTF, orchestral?'.

I've reached that point in life where if I don't get specific direction on a project, I'll do my best to do what I think works. If the gig happens, great, if not, I'm cool with it.

One of my closest friends is a composer who told me a story told to him by Aaron Copland. Aaron was hired to do some kind of TV theme. But his style had changed from his 1930s and 1940s material, and what he wrote for this project was a little different.

At the recording session, the orchestra was about halfway into the piece, when a suit ran into the sound stage, waved his arms, and shouted, "STOPPPP!!!"

He looked at Copland and said, "I want Aaron Copland music, not this stuff!"

True story.

Last edited:
Back