Why are the SE HB II Piezo's so much cheaper, all of a sudden?

tdroid

It seems they've been on sale since May. Overstock everywhere? Does no one like them? Was the original $1600 just overpriced?

Isn't everything overpriced these days? Lol

The great covid guitar selling feast has slowed.. It's faster to churn product from China than Maryland. Might be overstock, might be production times, and whatever else? I for one am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Any relief is welcomed.

Remember, there's a difference between the Standard piezo and the Hollowbody ll piezo. If the Standard one had been available when I got mine that would have been the winner because of the all hog body. And I'm guessing the ll hasn't sold as well as it should have.

Remember, there's a difference between the Standard piezo and the Hollowbody ll piezo. If the Standard one had been available when I got mine that would have been the winner because of the all hog body. And I'm guessing the ll hasn't sold as well as it should have.
Is it for the finish or the darker unplugged sound in the standard?

I paid full pop for mine ($Cnd) and I'd do it all over again. Such an awesome guitar it's worth every penny to me. Is it perfect, no, but is anything ever really perfect? I sure as Hell ain't!:D
Having been in retail of several types most of my life, I don't get bent on things coming out at reduced prices after I've purchased something; some will but not me. That's just life.

I’ve just taken delivery of a Hollowbody ii Piezo in black/gold and I’m blown away at the quality. Play’s and sounds fantastic too. I have lots to compare it with including hand build custom guitars and it stands up against the best.

I’ve sourced a set of USA 85/15 tci pickups and it’s going to my luthier next week to be fitted with coil split and a 3-way toggle for switching in and out the piezo. I’m also installing some phase iii open back locking tuners (I know slight mods are needed but I think it’s worth it)

For years I had a Taylor T5 (£2750 new) which I’ve just sold to buy the prs… I now have a MUCH better guitar utilising either magnetic or acoustic pickups… with cash in my back pocket.

It’s hard to understand how prs have pulled this off. Bought it from Andertons (UK) and seems like it was the last one they had at the megadeal price. They said it was a unique design not simply a scaled down Core model, I believe the dimensions are a little different (slightly larger) but don’t have Core to compare with. Anyone know the difference ? Certainly from look and feel perspective it’s hard to see where it could be improved apart from the mods I’m making.

I’m extremely impressed!

It’s hard to understand how prs have pulled this off. Bought it from Andertons (UK) and seems like it was the last one they had at the megadeal price. They said it was a unique design not simply a scaled down Core model, I believe the dimensions are a little different (slightly larger) but don’t have Core to compare with. Anyone know the difference ? Certainly from look and feel perspective it’s hard to see where it could be improved apart from the mods I’m making.

I’m extremely impressed!
The core is constructed of a carved maple front and back, whereas the SE is 5-ply laminate.
The core has a one-piece neck, whereas the SE is laminate.
The core has a switch for the piezo, whereas the SE just uses the piezo volume to mix it in
The cores input are piezo/mix, whereas the SE is magnetic/mix.
The SE doesn't have any binding (the body is taped off to look like binding). The SE has curled maple binding on the body, neck and headstock.
The core has a Rosewood fretboard. SE is ebony.
The core is a nitro finish. SE poly.
The core allows master piezo volume output (on the circuit board) of each individual string. The SE only has a single dial to adjust master piezo output (on the circuit board).
Different inlay material
The core has upgraded hardware & electronics.

Back