Who else thinks PRS amps are...

Mgamm1ll

Who else thinks PRS amps are way underestimated and are going to be very valuable in the future?

I'm on my way to collect one of each or all the PRS amp models with pretty maple fascias's and other unique ones.

I do miss CAD and wish they would allow custom amp builds like before.

Underestimated - yes.

Very valuable in the future - depends entirely on market acceptance and that probably will only change slowly.

Agree with AP515 on both counts. My guess is that they won't do any better or worse than other amps with regards to holding their value. But, if you need to tell yourself that they'll go up in order to justify the purchase, then by all means, yes, they'll go up! :)

New member and long time Fender user here. I've cycled through the Princeton Reverb, Deluxe Reverb Reissue, and Hot Rod Deluxe with a couple of other brands thrown in for good measure. I'm loving my Archon 50 Combo immensely. I think I've found an amp I can settle with. The last time I felt that way was in the 80's after purchasing a JCM800. Played that puppy for 12 years. Had to sell it after I got married, the smell would permeate anything within 20 yards.

I <3 my PRS amps, but my eye (and ear!) towards future value is horrible, so I would in no way look at this as an investment. Here's to hoping you know better.

I plan on them lasting a long time and remaining in my possession that entire time, so don't really care about future value. The value is now.

Last edited:
I think they obviously don't get the attention they deserve. They are definitely "high end" amps or "boutique" amps, if you use those terms. They have a touch sensitivity that separates them from mass market amps, as well as build, and other things. Ultimately voicing sells amps, IMHO, and word of mouth in the big forums goes a long way. If PRS amps suddenly became a "The Gear Page Darling" as I like to call it, they couldn't build them fast enough.

It's a tough market to crack. Lots of boutique guys have been doing it a while and many are doing it extremely well. Guys looking at the top PRS amps are looking at Bogners and 3rd Power and Red Plate and Bad Cat and (insert another 10 boutique makers here). That's some high cotton. PRS has both the tools and the "ears" to build with those guys. And more resources than most of them. I for one really hope they keep building and growing the amp line! Guys like us discussing them somewhere other than here would go a long way with spreading the word. Saying how great that PRS amp is at The Gear Page whenever you're there sure wouldn't hurt!

I depend on my PRS amps for my work, and I love the way they sound. They're modern classics.

Whether that will translate to future value, who knows? In my case, the future is now. :)

Agree. I'm not as worried about them going up in value, as I am about them succeeding in the market.

Looks like a good excuse for me to post this photo. Threads gotta have photos, right?

HXDAwPRS-3amps.jpg

I use mine for "work", too, though I personify the starving artist. :p

PRS is the biggest of the boutique builders out there. Boutique in that they use esoteric parts, innovative designs and every one I've played had that special something. But for most of us, there's little stock locally available and the used market is tiny. Some models simply don't exist, new or used, anymore and that makes it fun to be unique. I want 2 more.

Love my HXDA 30 combo, really unique too with the open back and 2X12" G12H30 speakers. Since I got a Fryette power station, I have been considering getting a 50w version too-head and cab. There is also a blistertone head out there that I have a real crush on.

Back